While Dugi Addon is very easy to use there are still some features that our users often missed or don’t understand exactly how they work.
This post is our top 10 most asked questions that we noticed the past few weeks and I have also included some additional tips for hidden DG features that you might not be aware about.
I hope these quick tips will help you enjoy our guides even more 🙂
Top 10 Quick Tips
1. It’s important that to know that Dugi Guides comes in 3 different modes and you can switch it left clicking on the DG icon.
– Gold Mode: This is the mode offers both the in-game guides and addon features. Make sure the DG icon is gold when you want to use the in-game guides.
– Silver Mode: This mode will allow you to unload the guides (saving memory) and still allow you to use some of DG’s best features such as the Waypoint & Taxi systems, Gear Advisors, Auto quest accept and more.
– Copper Mode: This will turn off DG completely without unloading it from your addons selection. eg This is handy if you need to switch it off while doing PVP then you can turn it back on when you need it without logging out.
Note: A Silver Mode only version is available from Curse.com. Set Dugi addon on ignore on your Curse.com addon installer if you use it or else it will install the the Silver Mode only version and only use Dugi installer to update the addon.
2. You can Show or Hide the Model Viewer by clicking on the yellow button on the top right corner of the Small Frame.
If you want to remove the Model Viewer permanently you can do so by going to the Settings > Memory and untick ‘Model Viewer Database’. This will unload all the data for the Model Viewer and the addon will also run with less memory.
3. The Target Button will always match with the NPCs displayed in the model viewer.
If multiple NPCs exist in the Model Viewer you can choose which NPC you want to display and target using the arrow buttons in the Model Viewer.
4. You can Keybind the Target Button and Item Button by going to the WoW Game Menu > Keybinding and scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will find the keybinding options for Dugi Guides.
5. The Green or Yellow arrows that appears in your quest reward select comes from our Gear Advisor feature.
Green arrow is your best upgrade option usually for your active talent spec.
Yellow arrow is your ‘runners up’ upgrade option usually for your second inactive talent spec.
The coin on the top right corner of the quest rewards indicate the highest vendor value if you just intend to sell the item.
6. The upgrade arrows from gear advisor will also appear in your Dungeon Journal.
Very handy to help you decide which dungeon to enter for the best upgrades.
7. You can disable the Gear Advisor feature easily by going to DG Settings > Gear Set and untick all the options and set Smart Set to ‘None’.
8. Something you might find handy is that you can left click on the small frame and it will open Blizzard’s Quest Details for the quest if its available.
Mouse hovering over the step icon will also display the Blizzard’s quest tooltip.
9. You may have noticed the waypoint arrow will sometime turn green for no apparent reason. This is to indicate that you are now inside the questing area for the current step.
10. You can also create your own waypoints directly on the World Map by holding the CTRL button and Right Click on the world map. The addon will automatically create the fastest route to get to your final destinations.
You can also link additional waypoints by holding the Shift button and Right Clicking on the world map.
If you’re familiar with the TomTom addon, the /way commands will also work with DG eg “/way Nagrand 45 50” will add a new waypoint in Nagrand at 45, 50
And one more bonus tip… A hidden feature with DG that our users often don’t know about is the Find Nearest NPCs feature.
You can find this feature by clicking WoW’s Minimap tracking button and select ‘Find Nearest’
This is handy when you trying locate your local vendors and trainers.
That’s it! if you have any questions about the addon and it’s features don’t hesitate to ask me in the comment section below.
23 replies to "Top 10 Quick Tips When Using Dugi Guides"