Hi Everyone, I’m sorry I should have post this earlier to keep everyone updated I really only want post good news, However now I can tell you things are looking good and we should have a basic working addon within a couple of days from now. Here are some of the new stuff that we’re working that you can look forward to.
- Brand new addon with new UI – We are taking the minimalist approach that you have growned to love, focusing on functionality rather than creating UI skin that is harder to solve than the Da Vinci code. The guide will still be very small and easy to use. We are working on allowing the UI the ability to stretch the objective frame to show more than one step at a time, this can be handy so you can see what the next few steps will without opening the large guide window.
- Different Guide Categories – Guides will be separated into 3 different categories Leveling / Dailies / Events to make guide selection a lot more easier as also neater. We can also easily add more categories in the future for extra guide such as achievements.
- Auto Detect Features – Of course it will contain all the standard auto detect features, such as detecting quest accept/complete/turn in and continue to the next step automatically. Auto detect race/class and optional quest and patch 3.3 Auto Sync feature.
New Features that we will work on after the initial release.
- Show quest level information – like the addon EveryQuest we should be able to show the quest level information for each step, so you know the difficulty level of the quest as well. This will make it easier to skip quest by quest level and also color code it eg Grey / Green / Yellow / Orange / Red based on your current level.
- A Reset button for guides – should be handier than shift clicking.
- Better Daily Quest Support – will add Daily Quest ! ? icons for daily quest accept and turn-in and look into a way to better support random quest pick up and also automatically reset the Daily Guide at the end of the day.
- Chain Quest Linking support – eg. If you manually skip a quest that have lots of follow ups, the follow up quest would also be auto ticked because you won’t be able to pick them up without doing the quest that you have skipped. This would make skipping quest easier, so leveling with heirloom and recruit a friend wouldn’t be that much of a problem, you can simply tick the quest until you reach the desired level.
- Auto Translate – Automatically localized quest name, zone name, class, race tags etc so that the guide will work properly with any language. However the notes will still need to be manually translated we will need to redo our German guide and french version is already on its way.
- Ant trail – Adding a trailing Ant Trail to the map to make it easier to follow way points.
Feel free to suggest more ideas of things that you would like to see in the comment section below. Again I’m very sorry for the delay, we did have the addon ready much earlier but we decided to rebuild the addon again to make sure we won’t have anymore legal issues.