We worked hard over the weekend to finish things up, but there’s still some logic to the addon that we need to fix, such as making the addon tick ‘smartly’ .
- eg ticking an accept quest objective would also tick the complete and turn-in part,
- abandoning a quest should un-tick the accept objective.
- if a quest is listed in your quest log, it should be impossible for you to untick the accept quest objective for that quest.
We came up with a new idea that will help later for our chain quest linking feature, which is to add in Tri State check box, so the check boxes can either be blank, ticked, or crossed.
- Blank means that the objective will still need to be completed.
- Ticked means that you have already done the objective and don’t need to do it again.
- Crossed means that you have manually skipped it.
This way the addon will be able to tell the difference between an ‘auto tick’ and a ‘manual tick’ , so manual ticking will result the follow up chain quest to also be ticked with a cross. While ‘auto ticks’ won’t tick the follow up chain quests because you should be able to accept and complete them.
We’re also missing a reset function for the guides, will probably add a reset button somewhere. And we’re missing an option & help menu incase you want to turn off certain features.
We also need to work on the cosmetics side of it aswell, here is a new screenshot of the progress. We will probably need a couple more days until the guide close to ready to be used.