Dugi Guides™ | World of Warcraft Leveling Guides © 2010 – 2024 Forums General will i get banned for using the target npc custom script

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dbenne02
    Participant

hey i just brought dugi guides but when i go to click the button to target a npc or quest giver it comes up with * You are attempting to run a custom script. running scripts could compromise your character causing the loss of items and gold* will i get banned if i use this or is it safe?

Dugi
      Keymaster

it’s a simple /target macro it is 100% safe, 

football
        Participant
          It’s just a standard warning when loading scripts in wow for the first time. Macros can trigger the warning too. It’s a good thing. You should be aware where you get your addons from.
          The script is just a macro and it can only do what the API allows. No automation is being done.
          Dugi Essentials has been available on curseforge (now owned by Twitch) for many years: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/dugi-questing-essential and there are strict rules that the addon’s has to follow the API and Blizzard TOS (Terms of Service).
          PS. From what I read and what made Blizzard start posting the warning, was because of a user made custom script for Weak Aura that made it possible to stand near a mailbox and unknowingly send gold without the players knowledge. This was fixed years ago by the Weak Aura devs. and I believe Blizzard made changes to the API too so it’s not possible anymore.
          Also I’ve been no lifing it here since 2008 :)
          To your question. Yes it’s 100% safe. No bans ever.
          dbenne02
          Participant

thanks heaps guys makes sense i just thought i would ask because iv never seen the warning :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.