Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    eychimo
    Participant

Have always loved dugi guides. The wow classic module is not made for fresh toons. It is as if they expect all fresh toons to have heirloom gear and tons of bag spaces. I was finally forced to turn it off at level 32. the guide eats all of your bag space so you can not actually gather anything even with a full set of 10 slot bags. I guess you are supposed to skip professions to hold all the items this guides loads you up with. Then as you progress you are forced to do quests several levels above your level. Not ever an issue in retail, but just a long slow crawl in classic. Sorry can not recommend. Back when wow was young these guides were great and still are in retail. But they seriously fail in classic. Seems they just copy and pasted what is possible in retail to classic.

Dugi
      Keymaster

What you just described is WoW Classic, I don’t know what you expected and it would be a mistake to stop using a guide. I don’t think anyone bother to level profession as they level up other than first aid, its better to level up first. 

We don’t manage your inventory in retail either because quest item doesn’t take up bag space. We can improve the guide to remind you to unload items into the bank but  first thing first. This is additional hand holding that was never expected from a guide before. 

eychimo
        Participant

Well I am sure leveling up professions as I go might seem as wrong to some. But it is how I do it for my own benefits as I go. But inventory is an issue as you are starting from scratch unlike retail where you can gear your toon from the get go. Doesn’t change the fact that I am constantly doing quest yellow and red to me. Now the XP is great but the time it takes to clear those mobs is taking me longer to level time wise then staying within my means. guess it is just different strokes for different folks. I just feel it is just too aggressive pushing level content. If you can always be in a group of 2 or 3 people is fine, but not for solo play. As I said, never found any fault in your retail guide and love them. Just the classic guide was making my progression harder then it needs to be. Just do not have the gear to be doing mobs yellow and red to me within a reasonable time frame. They seem to be always yellow and red and I even completed the guides before moving on to the next one. Maybe I am doing some thing wrong but I have been playing WOW since release.

Dugi
          Keymaster

eychimo said:

Doesn’t change the fact that I am constantly doing quest yellow and red to me. 

so how do you suggest we fix this? 

There are are just no other quests, it’s just how it is, do we need to tell you to do more grinding?

or do you think we’re skipping/not covering enough quests because we cover most of the quests that is possible for solo leveling

what are we missing? only other way to overcome the level difficulty is to boost it with dungeon, but you will need to

1. find a group,
            2. run to to the dungeon 

all which consume time and sometime you’re better off camping and grinding in a good spot. 

I’ll tell you! Do it as other ingame guides do and let the user select the difficulty whether he/she wants green/yellow/red quests.

Or give recommendations like “we detected you are playing warrior, as this is the hardest class to level, we suggest…..” and simply do all the questing areas with 1 character level higher.

Problem solved.

Dugi
            Keymaster

wellnice said:

I’ll tell you! Do it as other ingame guides do and let the user select the difficulty whether he/she wants green/yellow/red quests.

Or give recommendations like “we detected you are playing warrior, as this is the hardest class to level, we suggest…..” and simply do all the questing areas with 1 character level higher.

Problem solved.

that’s not a leveling guide that’s just using questie, you’ll end up running back and forth doing 1 quest at a time, that would make you happy ?

eychimo
              Participant

I can suggest looking at more quests at southshore and the Arathi Highlands. At least that is where I turned to at level 32. Your guide sent me to Strangleton Vale. The first 3 quest are level 34 and 37. No one around so I began to solo. Fighting a dense mob population of level 34 and 37 was just a frustrating time so I said not worth it. Went to southshore and picked up the yeti cloak quest then went to refuge point and started doing those quests. Now almost to 33 and ton more quests to do. When I get to 34 I will most likely turn your guide back on. Now do not get me wrong, I love the way your guide works, Just a little too aggressive. Even a few more quests in darkshire, like the satyre quest. I think there were at least 2 that I picked up there before I moved to southshore and the highlands. Your most likely right about profession and leveling with the bag issues. My choice to jossle doing that vs straight leveling. So while I find the low inventory space vs quest items and full bags problematic it is my choice. I found my work around for the issues I am having when forced to depend on my being solo. Again not an issue if you can run in at least a 2 or 3 people group. Just look at where the quest is sending you to content that is 2 levels or more above the player. Those are the places where when your running solo are a bit frustrating to say the least. Not that they are not doable, as they are. Just in most cases easier to do a few more quests at a lower level then to get bogged down doing higher level content then the player is. Again just what i am doing to make having to solo a lot more easier. I am sure lots of people on the right server and lots of friends playing are grouping the whole time and not even noticing it.

eychimo
                Participant

OH, I should add that I am leveling BM and Alliance. Leather working, skinning, first aid and fishing as I go. Skinning already over 200 so I am doing a lot of mob grinding in areas where I can skin. So even with the extra mob grinding not getting to levels that prevent me from hitting places with high mob level. Might just be me, just because I have played WOW classic when it first came out does not mean I am not doing some thing wrong in classic and as far as your quest guide. It is my belief that classic is not quite the same, we can not make the macros the way we could back then. I get stun locked whenever i get hit from behind. I do not remember that happening and fleeing in classic now not really possible. So while it may be a remake it is not quite the same.

Dugi said:

wellnice said:

Problem solved.

that’s not a leveling guide that’s just using questie, you’ll end up running back and forth doing 1 quest at a time, that would make you happy ?

You didn’t understood what i was saying.

I mean for example in your guide you recommend players (no matter which class) to go to badlands for 40-41.

If you implement a difficulty selection it could look the following(e.g. lvl 40 player):

EASY – Stranglethorn Vale 39-40 Guide
                  NORMAL – Badlands 40-41 Guide
                  HARD – Stranglethorn Vale 42-43 Guide

So depending on what the player selects, the guide simply sends him sooner/later into the next area.

In my case, i’m level 40 and i can’t down the rock elementals as a single warrior in badlands for “Study of the Elements:Rock”. They are 43-44…ridiculous to recommend this to a lvl 40 player.

Dugi
                  Keymaster

wellnice said:

I mean for example in your guide you recommend players (no matter which class) to go to badlands for 40-41.

40-41 is the minimum level range, it doesn’t mean that as soon as you hit level 40 you should move to Badlands, you can still use Badlands 40-41 at 44 or if you want

the only way for you to stay in “EASY” mode is to complete every guide 100% 

have you both been completing the guides 100% or did you skip as soon as you pass the level range? 

If you didn’t finish each guide 100% then you will have problems, because you don’t have all the pre-quest and will end up skipping quest and not gaining enough XP to continue. 

Dugi
                    Keymaster

wellnice said:selects, the guide simply sends him sooner/later into the next area.
                      In my case, i’m level 40 and i can’t down the rock elementals as a single warrior in badlands for “Study of the Elements:Rock”. They are 43-44…ridiculous to recommend this to a lvl 40 player.

The rocks are level 42-44 range, you should have been able to kill the level 42 rocks easy as you should be level 41 by then as well. 

Dugi said:

wellnice said:

40-41 is the minimum level range, it doesn’t mean that as soon as you hit level 40 you should move to Badlands. 

the only way for you to stay in “EASY” mode is to complete every guide 100% 

have you both been completing the guides 100% or did you skip as soon as you pass the level range? 

If you didn’t finish each guide 100% then you will have problems, because you don’t have all the pre-quest and will end up skipping quest and not gaining enough XP to continue. 

If you didn’t finish each guide 100% then you will have problems, because you don’t have all the pre-quest and will end up skipping quest and not gaining enough XP to continue. “

here that for the first time. Thought it is recommended for fastest progression to switch as soon as the guide suggests it.

Dugi
                      Keymaster

wellnice said:
                        here that for the first time. Thought it is recommended for fastest progression to switch as soon as the guide suggests it.

can’t do really do that in WoW classic,  fastest progression is hard mode so you’ve been playing in hard mode and you’re complaining to me that its too hard. 

Dugi said:

wellnice said:

can’t do really do that in WoW classic,  fastest progression is hard mode so you’ve been playing in hard mode and you’re complaining to me that its too hard. 

Maybe you can add a little sentence into the “next guide” window that says “if you switch to the new guide it will be harder” or “It is suggested to complete each guide”.

Guess that’s not a big effort and helps several people.

Dugi
                        Keymaster

wellnice said:
                          Maybe you can add a little sentence into the “next guide” window that says “if you switch to the new guide it will be harder” or “It is suggested to complete each guide”.

Guess that’s not a big effort and helps several people.

I’m going to remove guide suggest on level up, so that it doesn’t suggest guide whenever you level, only suggest when you complete a guide. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.