Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I am still getting errors on WotLK — seems to get somewhat more after today’s update (tho that may or may not be the case).

Here are the three tracebacks I am currently seeing — note the high count on one of them, it is spinning continuously, making the addon unusable:

Message: Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/LuaUtils.lua:471: thread_DisplayViewTab_MoveToNextQuest:
    Usage: self:SetNormalTexture(asset)Detailed stack:
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `SetNormalTexture'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:735: in function <...dOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua:707>
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1163: in function `PopulateSmallFrame'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1756: in function `UpdateSmallFrame'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/DugisGuideViewer.lua"]:5199: in function `UpdateCompletionVisuals'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua"]:3507: in function `MoveToNextQuest'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua"]:3861: in function <...e/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua:3860>

Time: Tue Feb 28 15:34:26 2023
    Count: 2
    Stack: Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/LuaUtils.lua:471: thread_DisplayViewTab_MoveToNextQuest:
    Usage: self:SetNormalTexture(asset)Detailed stack:
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:735: in function <...dOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua:707>
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1163: in function `PopulateSmallFrame'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1756: in function `UpdateSmallFrame'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/DugisGuideViewer.lua"]:5199: in function `UpdateCompletionVisuals'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua"]:3507: in function `MoveToNextQuest'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua"]:3861: in function <...e/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua:3860>

[string "=(tail call)"]: ?
    [string "=[C]"]: ?
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `assert'
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/LuaUtils.lua"]:471: in function <Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/LuaUtils.lua:458>
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/LuaUtils.lua"]:572: in function <Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/LuaUtils.lua:544>

Locals: (*temporary) = 0.314000
    (*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1

and:

Time: Tue Feb 28 15:41:46 2023
    Count: 4193
    Stack: Usage: self:SetNormalTexture(asset)
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua"]:6979: in function <...e/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua:6976>

Locals: (*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1

and:

Time: Tue Feb 28 15:34:27 2023
    Count: 2
    Stack: Usage: self:SetNormalTexture(asset)
    [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Localization/Translator.lua"]:95: in function <...AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Localization/Translator.lua:82>

Locals: (*temporary) = 0.017000
    (*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1

Again, this is with the very latest update installed today.

Thorsten

Dugi
    Keymaster

hi I’m not able to replicate this issue, can you post a screenshot.

which guide are you using? 

can test with a brand new character with only dugi enabled 

It happens with most leveling guides, at random times (when quest-related things changes — whether it is completing a step or picking up a quest / quest-item).

It happens when only Dugi is enabled, and across multiple characters across both factions and multiple realms.

There is, unfortunately, no particular pattern I can point to that is a sure way to trigger it, and I do realize that that makes it very hard to track down.

Ozzi
      Participant

Yeah I too can not replicate this and I am doing all I can to get these errors. I still can’t get any.
        @tholotoo What have you done so far? have you tried typing /dugi fix in the chat window and then pressing Yes.

Yes, I have tried a couple of times to do dugi fix to make this go away. The only way I have found to reliably make this error go away once it happens is to keep questing, and it will go away at some point when picking up a new quest, quest item, quest giving item, or quest turn-in.

Reloading, relaunching etc. does not make it go away.

Is there anything in particular I can do next time I see this to help track it down?

I do also get that last traceback (the non-repeating one) rather more often, but it does not actually impact the use of the addon since dismissing it just … makes it go away. But could be related, obviously.

One specific example, not sure how helpful this will be… I have completed all the quests in Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord and Dragonblight. Just started Grizzly Hills. This is on a hunter that is already level 80.

After turning in step 47 I started having the repeating errors, and then on picking up and accepting the quest from Mikhail’s Journal (steps 51 and 52) it did stop erroring.

Dugi
        Keymaster

I uploaded a nil check in the code, can you try reinstalling now and test again (same version) 

Certainly. Hard  to prove a negative (obviously), but I do seem to encounter this with some regularity, so …

Ozzi
          Participant

tholotoo said:

Certainly. Hard  to prove a negative (obviously), but I do seem to encounter this with some regularity, so …

I hope this resolves the issue you have encoutered, my fingers are crossed.

So been playing most of the day today, and have seen a single traceback that was not of the spinning kind. So, so far it is looking good…

Spoke to soon, this one started looping as I was in combat while a quest finished. Once the combat ended, it also stopped looping, mind you…:

Message: ...dOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua:1788: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
            Time: Wed Mar 15 19:38:46 2023
            Count: 254
            Stack: ...dOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua:1788: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
            [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1788: in function `UpdateSmallFrame'
            [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua"]:6979: in function <...e/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua:6976>

Locals: (*temporary) = defined =[C]:-1
            Ozzi
            Participant

👍 that’s great, can you please post the traceback? I think it would be best to investigate that error and minimize the error output as much as possible.

I am really glad that the recent solution has made a better out come for you, thanks for doing your best to let us know of this issue.

The traceback, such as it were, is posted above. It seems the <code> thing did not properly wrap it, is all…

Ozzi
              Participant

That’s okay, I fixed your code block 😉
                Yeah you posted while I was typing out my reply. All is good Dugi is looking at this as we type 😁

Dugi
                Keymaster

tholotoo said:

Spoke to soon, this one started looping as I was in combat while a quest finished. Once the combat ended, it also stopped looping, mind you…:

Message: ...dOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua:1788: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
                  Time: Wed Mar 15 19:38:46 2023
                  Count: 254
                  Stack: ...dOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua:1788: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
                  [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1788: in function `UpdateSmallFrame'

Locals: (*temporary) = defined =[C]:-1

This one is at least different to the original problem, this error I think is a freak accident because there is already a nil check to prevent the error from happening. tell me if its consistently a problem for you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.