Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    front243
    Participant

I just switched to a new guide and got this error message:

477x Usage: self:SetNormalTexture(asset)
      [string "=[C]"]: in function `SetNormalTexture'
      [string "@DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:735: in function <...dOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua:707>
      [string "@DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1163: in function `PopulateSmallFrame'
      [string "@DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1756: in function `UpdateSmallFrame'
      [string "@DugisGuideViewerZ/DugisGuideViewer.lua"]:5199: in function `UpdateCompletionVisuals'
      [string "@DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua"]:3507: in function `MoveToNextQuest'
      [string "@DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua"]:6861: in function `?'
      [string "@DugisGuideViewerZ/DugisGuideViewer.lua"]:201: in function <DugisGuideViewerZ/DugisGuideViewer.lua:184>
      [string "=[C]"]: ?

Locals:
      (*temporary) = "Usage: self:SetNormalTexture(asset)"

dougydudeuk
      Participant
        I am getting this error frequently too.  Example click tick box next to quest in Guides panel. I have repaired and reinstalled losing all my saved variables. I have tested it with no other add ons and still continually getting this error. Installed 3.027 but it was happening with previous versions. I had hoped 3.026 would sort it. Obviously not.
        Time: Tue Feb 28 12:12:30 2023
        Count: 1
        Stack: Usage: self:SetNormalTexture(asset)
        [string "=[C]"]: in function `SetNormalTexture'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:735: in function <...dOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua:707>
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1163: in function `PopulateSmallFrame'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1756: in function `UpdateSmallFrame'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/DugisGuideViewer.lua"]:5199: in function `UpdateCompletionVisuals'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/Guides.classic.common.lua"]:3507: in function `MoveToNextQuest'
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua"]:1210: in function <...dOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/SmallFrame.classic.common.lua:1208>
        [string "@Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/LuaUtils.lua"]:688: in function <Interface/AddOns/DugisGuideViewerZ/LuaUtils.lua:686>

Locals: (*temporary) = "Usage: self:SetNormalTexture(asset)"

Ozzi
        Participant

Can everyone that’s getting this error please do the following:

• List out in great detail and explain what it is you do in game to get this error.
          • List out exactly what Addons are using, even if they are “disabled”
          • List out in great detail how DugiGuides was uninstalled and reinstalled.

I am sorry, I have tried to replicate this for 10 minutes now with no .lua errors.
          I have uninstalled and installed using the Dugi installer. I even uninstalled and installed manually.
          The only time I get an .lua error is by running a bad coded script

/script SetMapToCurrentZone() local x,y=GetPlayerMapPosition(“player”) DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME: AddMessage(format(“%s, %s: %.1f, %.1f”,GetZoneText(),GetSubZoneText(),x*100,y*100))

As a result of that I get a red bag icon with sound “Fatality!” 

Other tests that was done here was keep swapping guides using 2 guide frames  then increasing them slowly up to max all with no .lua errors.

Screenshots and video footage of this can also help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.