Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    meep14
    Participant

Hi there, does anyone know what the difference is between the dungeon guide, and what is added via the NPC Journal Module for dungeons and raids? I’m having a hard time deciding if the module is something I want/need, and what is being added to the dungeon guide from my monthly sub. Thank you!

Edit: I realize the NPC module has tons of other features, but the only one I’m personally interested in is the 483 Dungeon and Raid Bosses part, and how it’s different from the current dungeon guide. 

Dugi
      Keymaster

The npc journal covers the boss strategies in dungeons more in-depth than the dungeon guides, also add the other stuff like mounts, pets etc, it doesn’t cover BFA raids currently.  I’d recommend just trying it out and if you don’t like it you can always get a refund within 60 days 

meep14
        Participant

Dugi said:

The npc journal covers the boss strategies in dungeons more in-depth than the dungeon guides, also add the other stuff like mounts, pets etc, it doesn’t cover BFA raids currently.  I’d recommend just trying it out and if you don’t like it you can always get a refund within 60 days 

Done, and done. Thanks for the explanation. Going to check it out. You haven’t steered me wrong. :)

meep14
          Participant

Dugi said:

Sorry, if I’m missing something obvious. I don’t see an option to enable to new NPC Journal Module button that I see in your intro video. Do I need to do something first? I can confirm that it’s installed, because I see the new pets, etc section in my guide. 

I tried targeting NPCs, and players, and bosses. 

Dugi
            Keymaster

it might be a conflict with your ui addon can you test with only Dugi enabled and it should work, tell me which ui addon you’re using and we should be able to fix it 

meep14
              Participant

Dugi said:

it might be a conflict with your ui addon can you test with only Dugi enabled and it should work, tell me which ui addon you’re using and we should be able to fix it 

I just had ElvUi on at the time. But when I updated to the newest patch that was pushed through last night, the problem fixed itself without needing to disable the Elvui.

For anyone looking at this thread, I think the module is well worth the cost. 

@Dugi I hope you have time to keep it updated. And not sure if this is feasible, but would love an option for hunter pets, similar to what you have done for non-combat pets. Thank you! 

Ozzi
                Participant

It’s a good idea and it gets brought up so often, but hunter pets are harder to slap in to a guide, I’ve had several ideas to make hunter pets guides, it’s hard to explain why or how it’s hard to do. Some pets require certain items to tame, yeah, perhaps @Dugi or @football can help me to explain.

meep14
                  Participant

Caluril said:

It’s a good idea and it gets brought up so often, but hunter pets are harder to slap in to a guide, I’ve had several ideas to make hunter pets guides, it’s hard to explain why or how it’s hard to do. Some pets require certain items to tame, yeah, perhaps @Dugi or @football can help me to explain.

Thanks, good to know. I can see how it would be difficult, still hope that one day hunter pets can be included. ::smile:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.