Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gracehopper
    Participant

Darned near impossible . . . I don’t recall it being that hard lo these many years ago when I was (we were) playing what I guess was just this classic game. Any hints about how to level a warrior without dying every few minutes? (Should mention that I’m not much of a player, and I almost always solo . . . so, there’s that.)

jadehunta
      Participant

Hamstring auto and kite is very important for survivability. Also use things like food and first aid to help with healing in between mobs.

Dugi
        Keymaster

Try to grind easy NPCs a lot more so that you can out level the quests a bit and that will make it a lot easier. 

Gracehopper
          Participant

Simple, but eloquent: these suggestions will help a lot. Don’t know why I haven’t thought of first aid . . . never really used it in all the years I’ve been playing . . . wonder what that’s about. :) Not sure what ‘hamstring auto’ is, but I will check it out. Also don’t know about ‘kite,’ at all . . . if you have time and the patience to explain these, that would be great. Thanks, Jade and Dugi

flamboyant
            Participant

Simple, but eloquent: these suggestions will help a lot. Don’t know why I haven’t thought of first aid . . . never really used it in all the years I’ve been playing . . . wonder what that’s about. :) Not sure what ‘hamstring auto’ is, but I will check it out. Also don’t know about ‘kite,’ at all . . . if you have time and the patience to explain these, that would be great. Thanks, Jade and Dugi

Here is a simple but informative guide if you like to read: https://classicwow.live/guides/23/1-60-warrior-leveling-guide-by-kargoz#warrior_specific_tips

Gracehopper
              Participant

Great! Thank you . . . would much rather read than die. 😉

flamboyant
                Participant

Nothing to thank for  :)

Gracehopper
                  Participant

I think ‘kite’ refers to that kind of shield–but maybe only refers to higher levels (just got to 11) when using the shield as a weapon comes into play? Is that correct? As for ‘hamstring auto,’ I’m seeing different takes on what attack mode should be auto, but I don’t know how to assign auto to a given attack mode. Is there a way to do that? From the guide linked above, I see lots of things I probably need to look into–like the addon ‘swing timer.’ Will continue to look into all this, but again I’m guessing my character in the Classic mode is still too low-level for much of this to apply.

flamboyant
                    Participant

To kite means to run away while the enemy runs behind you, but he is not able to attack you because you are to far away. This is possible with your ability “harmstring”. This ability reduces the enemy movement speed by 40% ? So basically you start your attacks like this:
                      1. Charge into your enemy.
                      2. Auto attack or use heroic strike
                      3. Harmstring
                      4. Then Run away from enemy and wait until your weapon swing timer addon shows you that you are ready for next weapon attack
                      5. Go close to enemy and hit him with Auto attack or use heroic strike
                      6. Repeat.

With this strategy you receive less dmg because enemy can’t hit you. 

Gracehopper
                      Participant

Okay . . . great! A lot here to thank you for . . . so, thank you!

Have to add, I have pretty much convinced myself that humans make better warriors than night elves. I had read the comparison of what they bring to the table, and the differences didn’t seem significant ‘on paper.’ But, I just started a human warrior and am definitely making progress faster than I did with my night elf. So, now that I can add the strategy you’ve given here, I think I’ll be okay.

flamboyant
                        Participant

Great  :#

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.