Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dugi
    Keymaster

Build 1.36 – Apr 11th 2021
      Dugi Addon

• Improved FPS with Taxi System and Quest POI 
      • New “Icon Arrow” feature for WoW Classic 
      • Improved Font compatibility with ElvUI addon

Icon arrow is locked to middle of screen, instead of wherever it displays arrow/minimap regularly…

How can I get rid of this “Battle map” annoying mini-map clone on my screen?
      I find the arrow useful when I am within range for it, but I don’t need multiple minimap windows popping up if I am too far away.
      I already have a mini map and world map to look at the long distance view.
      Also a question regarding the guides and the timed quests – does the window not track the quest timers?
      I picked up a timed quest in The Crossroads to take to Thunder Bluff but I couldn’t see the timer in the Dugi tracker window?
      Ozzi
      Participant

ragectl said:

You can disable “Zone Map” by going in to Dugi Settings > Dugi Zone Map > Uncheck Enable Zone Map.

ragectl said:

Also a question regarding the guides and the timed quests – does the window not track the quest timers?
        I picked up a timed quest in The Crossroads to take to Thunder Bluff but I couldn’t see the timer in the Dugi tracker window?

The name of the quest is?

nathanb
        Participant

Having issue with arrow locked in center of screen, and changing sized as it moves to next waypoint.

Ozzi
          Participant

@nathanb The new style arrow can’t be moved, you can only change the size it rotates around the character (Size slider bar to the right of Icon Arrow; default 7).
            Reference to the new arrow system is here

Under Dugi Arrow > Icon Arrow (uncheck) will make the old style arrow to re-appear
            type /dugi reset to reset the arrow back to center of screen, you can then move that arrow where you want it, and then lock in to place by right clicking or ctrl + right click and selecting Lock.
            I hope this helps

Caluril said:

You can disable “Zone Map” by going in to Dugi Settings > Dugi Zone Map > Uncheck Enable Zone Map.

Thanks for the reply. I managed to work this out after exploring through the settings. The different naming of “battlemap” and “zone map” are not intuitive to me finding this setting.

It would be helpful to rename one, or make the setting clearer.

Caluril said:

The name of the quest is?

This was a quest in “The Barrens 12-20” guide for “Apothecary Zamah” where I needed to travel from The Crossroads to Spirit Rise in Thunder Bluff.

https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=853/apothecary-zamah

I believe if the timer expires this quest fails and it needs to be run again. Since it’s in the guide I thought it would have shown the expiry timer embedded in the Dugi Guides frame when it accepted the quest (auto accept quests was turned on).

Ozzi
            Participant

ragectl said:

Thanks for the reply. I managed to work this out after exploring through the settings. The different naming of “battlemap” and “zone map” are not intuitive to me finding this setting.

It would be helpful to rename one, or make the setting clearer.

I am glad that you worked it out. ;)
              The Zone Map is exactly that, it shows when you need to enter another zone, it’s intention was not to be exacly the same as the shift – m map, but small enough to not take up too much realestate on the screen.
              As for the timed quest, not sure if that can be added to the guide frames, I will ask Dugi.
              Dugi
              Keymaster

ragectl said:

I find the arrow useful when I am within range for it, but I don’t need multiple minimap windows popping up if I am too far away.

Not sure why it’s called battle map in classic, we’ll fix that up. 

But to explain the Zone map is not a minimap clone.

Stage1 – The zone map will automatically zoom out/in so that you can see the actual waypoint destination while the minimap will only show the ant trail leaving you guessing on how far the travel distance.  Of course you can use the worldmap for this but the worldmap is large and covers your screen. 

Stage 2 – Once the waypoint is within the Minimap range the zonemap will switch to normal arrow as it is no longer needed as you can see the waypoint destination in your minimap. 

Dugi said:

ragectl said:

Not sure why it’s called battle map in classic, we’ll fix that up.

Thanks that might help avoid confusion for someone else.

I can understand the logic for having the zone map feature. I guess I am old fashioned in flicking open the world map when I want to zoom out 🙂
              Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.