Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dugi
    Keymaster

Build 1.051 September 28th 2019
      Dugi Addon

• New Gear Advisor feature
      codersanonymous
      Participant

I’m having a weird issue with this version.

Any time I use a macro while the guide is active, the UI reloads instantly and when it comes back Dugi guides is greyed out in addons and then the macro works. 

football
        Participant

If you want to try to solve it yourself until Dugi answers, then maybe this will help.
          I couldn’t replicate the issue btw. Tried it on several characters with Build 1.051 and with Mouseover macros, Target macros, Raid marker macros etc. Made some castsequence macros too.

At own risk! Don’t do it if you’re unsure about it, as I don’t want to be the cause of all your addon settings being wiped :)!
          It resets the guide completely if done correctly.

Log out and exit wow
          1: Go to “:World of Warcraft_classic_WTF” (make copy of the WTF folder first and save it on the desktop or where you prefer)
          2: CTRL+F
          3: Type “dugi” in the search field
          4: Delete all the dugi *.lua & dugi *lua.bak files
          5: Install a fresh copy of Dugi Guides. https://www.dugiguides.com/discussions/#/discussion/15/guide-manual-installation-guide-by-football
          Start wow again and log in. The lua files will be created again once you log into your character.
          The Guide will be in a completely fresh state, ready to be picked up where you left off. The personal preferences will have to be set again.

I used to have the instructions on the old forum but since “/dugi fix” does the same (to my knowledge), I decided not to repost it on the new forum.

codersanonymous
          Participant

Hey football, thanks mate. Will give it a go.

I decided last night to do a few clean ups of extraneous addons that I had, suspecting that it wasn’t the guides viewer at fault at all. 
            Couldn’t track down anything specific, so will try this and report back.

codersanonymous
            Participant

Well that didn’t work.

Macro 1:

/use Deadly Poison
              /use [btn:1] 16; [btn:2] 16
              /click StaticPopup1Button1

Macro 2:

/use Instant Poison II
              /use [btn:1] 17; [btn:2] 17

Either of these two cause instant reload. Let me clarify that when I say the addon is greyed out, I mean the tick mark next to the Guide Viewer entry in the list of addons is still checked, however it is greyed out.
              Also none of the Dugi UI elements are visible anymore after the reload and my macros both work again immediately after the reload.

I will do my due diligence and disable one addon at a time, trying to figure out if there is another contributing factor.

codersanonymous
              Participant

Ok I’ve noticed one extra thing which is definitely narrowing things down.

After the reload occurs I notice my cursor is waiting for me to select a target item for the 

/use Deadly Poison

line of the macro, and the macro button itself is highlighted.

Seems like 2nd line of macro

is causing issue.

So removed that line and I get no reloads.

Also no other addon is causing the issue, confirmed by process of elimination.

I still see that the quest  [18] Avenge My Village is still pointing out in the middle of the great sea

Dugi
                Keymaster

nodak1967 said:

I still see that the quest  [18] Avenge My Village is still pointing out in the middle of the great sea

ok should fixed now 

football
                  Participant

Only have a lvl 9 Rogue so I probably weren’t able to trigger anything.

Can’t you just change:

To

/use <insert item>
                    /use <insert item>
                    Or for Trinkets
                    /use 13
                    /use 14
                    (assuming 13 & 14 is still the trinket slots in classic)

Instead? If they’re both off the GCD they should both pop instantly.

Is:

For entering BG’s? Maybe the item button in the guide and using this macro, triggers Blizzards secure UI stuff. Just guessing here.

codersanonymous
                    Participant

Sorry, I think you’re confusing the mechanics of retail and classic :)

This is for the classic wow guides viewer…

codersanonymous
                      Participant

The StaticPopup1Button1 is when you get prompted to replace a poison that already exists there…

Basically this will apply the poison I describe in the macro to the weapon both MH and OH… 

But I’m just about to try /use in place of the [btn:1] [btn:2] stuff… see if it makes a difference

codersanonymous
                        Participant

so as per your suggestion, /use 16 as the second line cause the same reload to occur

so it seems to have something to do with selecting an equipped item… I dunno… just doesn’t work

football
                          Participant
                            Alternative solution before I give up :)
                            • Supports weapon buffs (individual for main and off hand): Shaman, all poisons (Rogue), all stones and oils, incl. reagence check

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/smartbuff-classic
                            (left click icon on the minimap and tick the poisons etc. that you want to use)
                            https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/buffwatch-classic
                            (works great together with SmartBuff, especially for Paladin buffing **** but not required)

Then either keybind the SmartBuff button or make a macro.
                            ESC->Other->SmartBuff: Trigger
                            Macro:

/click SmartBuff_KeyButton
                            Then just spam the bind/macro until everything is applied.
                            PS: My empty vacuum cleaner is proof of me playing Classic lol.

codersanonymous
                            Participant

Lol I re-read your comment which made me think you were confusing me for playing retail and realised what you were saying… The BG comment threw me.

Sir, I shall try this addon you have hunted down for me, because I am sick of all the weak auras I have as well… If it works you are a true gentleman and scholar and I salute you. will report back once I get to an Inn ;)

football
                              Participant

Oh btw. it probably unbinds your mousewheel in wow’s keybinds. Sorry for forgetting that part.
                                Just left click minimap icon for SmartBuff and untick “Buff on scrollwheel up / down” and go to ESC->Camera and rebind Zoom in / Zoom Out again (with the scrollwheel).
                                It’s kinda silly that it does that without asking first. But hey it works. Love buffing groups now on my alt lol.
                                Hope it works out :)
                                The BG part .. blame google :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.