Dugi Guides™ | World of Warcraft Leveling Guides © 2010 – 2024 Forums Troubleshooting WOW trys to update after installing new version of Dugi’s guides

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    elric1976
    Participant

I’m not sure why it keeps doing this but when I update Dugi Guides and close out the game to restart, the WOW launcher starts an update that sits on initializing and never starts. When I uninstalled Dugi’s Guide it did the update and I was able to start the game. Any idea why it keeps doing this?

I appreciate the help.

elric1976
      Participant

Basically I am unable to update Dugi Guides 

elric1976
        Participant

FYI I have tried to go through the guide in this forum about fixing it and it didn’t work.

elric1976
          Participant

I really need some help here. As I said above I went through the steps in getting the update to run but now when I get in to the game when I open Dugi its blank. Could someone please help?

elric1976
            Participant

I was able to get it fixed *Disregard, not fixed*

elric1976
              Participant

Please disregard the previous post. That was ment for a different forum. I still need help getting Dugi Fixed. 

Ozzi
                Participant
                  I am so sorry, it’s been really busy as of late.

elric1976 said:

I’m not sure why it keeps doing this but when I update Dugi Guides and close out the game to restart, the WOW launcher starts an update that sits on initializing and never starts. When I uninstalled Dugi’s Guide it did the update and I was able to start the game. Any idea why it keeps doing this?

I appreciate the help.

Dugi has found the cause of this and has made necessary changes, this will be added to the next update for the Installer, keep an eye in the Members area for that.

elric1976 said:

Can you please explain this a bit more?

elric1976
                  Participant

Ozzi said:

I am so sorry, it’s been really busy as of late.

elric1976 said:

I appreciate the help.

Dugi has found the cause of this and has made necessary changes, this will be added to the next update for the Installer, keep an eye in the Members area for that.

elric1976 said:

Can you please explain this a bit more?

First off please allow me to apologize for all of the posts. I understand that you guys are busy. Thank you for getting back to me. What happens is, I install Dugi’s Guide and when I restart the game it starts an update on Retail, Classic and Wrath and they all are stuck in Initializing and do not move from there. When I pause them all and do the scan repair, they go through the update but when I get into the game and open the guide it is blank. I’m unable to see any of the guides. When I leave the game again all three go back in to Initializing. When I uninstall Dugi they immediately go through the update and I’m able to start the game without the Dugi addon. I hope this makes sense. Again thank you very much.

Ozzi
                    Participant
                      The dugi installer 1.5.2 at this stage installs the addons with the attribute “Read Only” which has been identified as the reason why this occurs.
                      For now refrain from using it, if it’s running or starts when Windows starts, click the Settings button and un-tick “Start installer when Windows starts”. You can re enable this once Dugi releases 1.5.3.
                      1. Head to your Members area and download the .zip package for the Retail client. Save it to the desktop.
                      2. Right click on the .zip package and select option Extract to “DugiGuides Retail 9.004”.
                      3. Double click the newly created folder “DugiGuides Retail 9.004” and copy the DugisGuideViewerZ folder.
                      4. Locate to your game path, by default it is: C:Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft_retail_InterfaceAddOns
                      5. If there’s an existing DugisGuideViewerZ folder, click on it and hit Del.
                      6. While still in your AddOns folder you can use CTRL + V to paste the DugisGuideViewerZ that was copied to your clipboard earlier.
                      7. Repeat steps 1 to 6 for the other clients, except the folders will change:
                        Wrath = C:Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft_classic_InterfaceAddOns
                        Classic Era = C:Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft_classic_era_InterfaceAddOns
                      The reason why I told you to refrain from using the installer, is because it’s causing so my issues with the battle.net app and that the addon is blank while you are in the game. I really hope this will help you, please pop back with the result.
                      elric1976
                      Participant

Awesome! Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.

Ozzi
                        Participant

Dugi did release version 1.5.3 which should stop the battle.net app updating every time you install or update Dugi Guides. You can re-enable “Start installer when Windows starts” in the installer Settings.

ajharman
                          Participant

Ozzi said:

Dugi did release version 1.5.3 which should stop the battle.net app updating every time you install or update Dugi Guides. You can re-enable “Start installer when Windows starts” in the installer Settings.

I have tried to find version 1.5.3 but it only shows 1.5.2 in the members area

Ozzi
                            Participant

Download and run the 1.5.2 installer, you will be prompted to download the update, allow it. exit the 1.5.2 installer, after it’s done, delete the old 1.5.2 installer. now run the 1.5.3 installer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.