Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ozzi
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the steps to reproduce this, I am on another alt to test this issue

Ozzi
      Participant
        Okay I am unable to reproduce this issue even with your proposed settings, there must be something else that’s contributing to this.
        To prove that there’s no taints I’ll attach a video here Bare with me being rusty with my evoker, it’s only used for guide writing.
        I write guides regularly and do not come across these taints at all.
        What else do you use?
        Can you provide a screenshot of the addons tab in your character select screen please.
        Does this occur with dugiguides disabled? this question was not answered.
        You can repeat the ‘kill squirrels (100%)’ quest by instead of turning in the quest, to abandon the quest and re accept it, I might try this but on a different character.
        Perhaps you can provide a bit of game footage with an example of whats going on.
        To also note that when I answer threads/posts I answer with absolute certainty and I am always serious, I never answer with jokes or to provide any fraudulent motives. So, I am not trying to stall or cause a runaround with this issue. I am dead set serious to find whats causing this.
        mag046
        Participant

I use no other addons.

This issue does not occur with Dugi Guides disabled.

Please provide me with an exact quest that is a 100% completion quest that I can use for testing.  At this point I have only used natural progression through the guide until I find a completion quest resulting in significant delays in providing examples.

mag046
          Participant

1. Installed guide version 9.043.
            2. WTF purge of account folder while logged out of client.
            3. Log back into the client/game/character with guide enabled.
            4. Configured guide settings as follows:

• Questing -> uncheck ‘Floating Item Button’ and ‘Auto Quest Tracking’
            • Dugi Arrow -> uncheck ‘Show Ant Trail’ and ‘Icon Arrow’
            • Dugi Zone Map -> uncheck ‘Enable Zone Map’
            • Display -> uncheck ‘Anchored Small Frame’ and ‘Fixed Width Small Frame’
            • Frames -> uncheck ‘Small Frame Border’
            • Maps -> uncheck ‘Hide Border’
            • Taxi System -> default selections
            • Target Button -> uncheck ‘Target Button’ (default unchecks all below)
            • Tooltip -> default selections
            • Gear Set -> default selections
            • Gear Scoring -> default selections
            • Gear Finder -> default selections
            • Auto Mount -> default selections
            • Notifications -> default selections
            • Other -> uncheck ‘CTRL + Right Click Arrow Menu’
            • Guide Sharing BETA -> Uncheck ‘Enable Guide Sharing’
            • Profiles -> default selections

5. Waking Shores guide quested until I got to “Fight Fire with… Water” (100%).
            6. Completed the quest to 100%, error encountered.
            7. Reloaded the UI via the LUA error window and the guide advanced.
            8. Abandoned the quest.
            9. Re-checked ‘Icon Arrow’.
            10. Completed the quest to 100%, error encountered.  Did not encounter in previous testing.

I am going to reset the guide settings to default and work through the quest as I uncheck them one-by-one and test further.

Ozzi
            Participant

mag046 said:

1. Installed guide version 9.043.
              2. WTF purge of account folder while logged out of client.
              3. Log back into the client/game/character with guide enabled.
              4. Configured guide settings as follows:

• Questing -> uncheck ‘Floating Item Button’ and ‘Auto Quest Tracking’
              • Dugi Arrow -> uncheck ‘Show Ant Trail’ and ‘Icon Arrow’
              • Dugi Zone Map -> uncheck ‘Enable Zone Map’
              • Display -> uncheck ‘Anchored Small Frame’ and ‘Fixed Width Small Frame’
              • Frames -> uncheck ‘Small Frame Border’
              • Maps -> uncheck ‘Hide Border’
              • Taxi System -> default selections
              • Target Button -> uncheck ‘Target Button’ (default unchecks all below)
              • Tooltip -> default selections
              • Gear Set -> default selections
              • Gear Scoring -> default selections
              • Gear Finder -> default selections
              • Auto Mount -> default selections
              • Notifications -> default selections
              • Other -> uncheck ‘CTRL + Right Click Arrow Menu’
              • Guide Sharing BETA -> Uncheck ‘Enable Guide Sharing’
              • Profiles -> default selections

5. Waking Shores guide quested until I got to “Fight Fire with… Water” (100%).
              6. Completed the quest to 100%, error encountered.
              7. Reloaded the UI via the LUA error window and the guide advanced.
              8. Abandoned the quest.
              9. Re-checked ‘Icon Arrow’.
              10. Completed the quest to 100%, error encountered.  Did not encounter in previous testing.

I am going to reset the guide settings to default and work through the quest as I uncheck them one-by-one and test further.

That’s a good idea, I will use these settings on an alt and see if I can get any taints.

Ozzi
              Participant

mag046 said:

Please provide me with an exact quest that is a 100% completion quest that I can use for testing.  At this point I have only used natural progression through the guide until I find a completion quest resulting in significant delays in providing examples.

There are several though out Dragonflight, some are through quest lines and there are some World Quests as well.
                It would be easier to progress a character / alt through a guide up to “Some Objective (100%)”. I wouldn’t rely on a World Quest as they are limited on a timer, also there’s a chance that the WQ may not appear on another character.
                mag046
                Participant

With all settings enabled/checked, the guide progresses normally.  I have unchecked the checkboxes through ‘Show Ant Trail’ and no error encountered.  I will work through this more today as I have time.

There are a lot of settings combinations to try considering it may be one or a combination of multiple. I am at a loss as to why I could previously reproduce the error, multiple times, on multiple computers by unchecking/rechecking the ‘Icon Arrow’ box.

mag046
                  Participant

I have narrowed it down to the Display -> Anchored Small Frame setting.  I have left all other settings at default.

If I uncheck the Display -> ‘Anchored Small Frame’ checkbox, the error is encountered repeatedly.

I occasionally get the crash when just accepting the “Fighting Fire with… Water” (100%) quest used in the testing above.

Possibly related or a by-product of the ‘Anchored Small Frame’ issue I reported in the other thread?

Dugi
                    Keymaster

we made some fixes regarding the anchored frame and a small frame, this issue might be fixed as a result.  can you tell me if its still occurring with latest update 9.044

mag046
                      Participant

I installed the latest update 9.044.
                        I unchecked Display -> ‘Anchored Small Frame’ checkbox.
                        I left all other settings at default.

Unfortunately, the guide/frame still produces the error.

Thanks for the update!

Dugi
                        Keymaster

we’ll look into this 

mag046
                          Participant

I have a character parked on that specific quest.  I will continue to test.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.