Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    maxxdiamond
    Participant

It is really frustrating to open a guide and go where it tells you, only to find out you need to do pre-quests. Put the pre quests in every guide. I should be able to do any guide without having pre-quests. Those pre-quests should be actual steps in the guide. I just spent another 30 minutes wandering all over the map because the ant trail for Faldirs cave doesn’t show you how to get there. It goes through mountains. Then I get there and it disappears, and now because apparently I don’t have the pre quests it wants me to go to Southshore now. I do dungeon runs with my guild, so I’m not sticking to the guide 100 percent, so it should be easy to open any guide and go from a-z, even if you haven’t done the pre-quests; just put all pre quests in every guide.

https://imgur.com/lv1r2Jf

That is not how you get to Faldirs Cave.

maxxdiamond
      Participant

Questing guides should not start with Question Marks, they should start with Exclamation Marks.

https://imgur.com/5uscrIv

There are 11 steps in a guide I just opened that I can’t do because of pre quest. No where in there does it just send me where I can start questing. It just keep re routing me to more quests I can not do. You should not open a guide and be greeted by any quest step you cant do. 

maxxdiamond
        Participant

So, I click through all the PRE QUESTS that I could not do, and I finally come to a exclamation point without any pre quest, and guess what, it does have to have a pre-quest. Shakes O’Breen doesn’t have a quest for me

https://imgur.com/YAoTxzL

maxxdiamond
          Participant

What point is there to opening up a guide and have 20 pre-quest steps before you can actually do anything?

It’s 12:22 now, an hour from when I started on this guide, and I have yet to complete any quests, or make any XP. My rested is still there.

Dugi
            Keymaster

So, I click through all the PRE QUESTS that I could not do, and I finally come to a exclamation point without any pre quest, and guess what, it does have to have a pre-quest. Shakes O’Breen doesn’t have a quest for me

https://imgur.com/YAoTxzL

You’re not supposed to click through pre-quest manually, it makes the guide think that you have completed the quest.

You can see from your previous screenshot that ‘Death from Below’ does require pre-quest that you don’t have

Dugi
              Keymaster

I looked up the Hinterland guides, I think biggest issue that the travel steps should have been tied to the pre quest so that it was skipped as well. 

The intention was that those steps should have been skipped since you didn’t have prequest and send you straight to Hinterlands where you can accepts and the guide would have been solid. 

I’ve had similar issues with the guide to the point I finally uninstalled it and went back to Questie. I have wasted so much time running around to quest that just aren’t there when I arrive. Tab out. Google quest. Find the Prerequisite quest. Spend another 10 minutes going to the prerequisite quest. Complete quest. Go back. I just spent 3 hours accomplishing nothing, again. I love that there is an in-game addon. But, the guide is not efficient in any way. Needs a lot of work. Even if it was working as intended it still wouldn’t be efficient. The guide spends too much time sending you on travel excursions when there are relevant quest to do in the current zone.

I can see that a lot of work went into this guide. It just doesn’t do what you would expect from a guide. Which is. Guide you through an efficient leveling path.

Maybe I’ll revisit this guide some at some point down the road. For right now though. I am just too frustrated to even have it show up on my screen.

Dugi
                Keymaster
                   But, the guide is not efficient in any way. Needs a lot of work. .

That’s a bit dramatic, we would get floods of complaints if this was the case, can’t really comment further without context. 

maxxdiamond
                  Participant

@Dugi, I have always loved your guides, but this needs to be updated. The way we play Classic now is different. 

We need to be able to open the guide and start questing. Pre-quest steps need to be included in the guide. If it is optional, then leave it out. 

Most of us are leveling with guild mates, and using the guide in-between that. If you don’t follow your guide from start to finish it turns into a nightmare. I can’t use the guide in its current form. 

Simply removing pre-quests from every guide, and making them actual steps would easily solve that problem.

Dugi
                    Keymaster

@Dugi, I have always loved your guides, but this needs to be updated. The way we play Classic now is different. 

We need to be able to open the guide and start questing. Pre-quest steps need to be included in the guide. If it is optional, then leave it out. 

Most of us are leveling with guild mates, and using the guide in-between that. If you don’t follow your guide from start to finish it turns into a nightmare. I can’t use the guide in its current form. 

Simply removing pre-quests from every guide, and making them actual steps would easily solve that problem.

but it is left out already… 

pre-quests are automatically skipped if you don’t have the pre-quest, but you took it upon yourself to click through it manually messing up the guide, that’s why it suggest you pick up ‘Death from Below’ , it should have skipped it automatically. 

there was an issue with your one example, and I have updated it already.  it doesn’t mean there’s an issue with the entire guide. 

maxxdiamond
                      Participant

I only clicked through the quests once I got to where I was going and realized I couldn’t do the quest. 

I have only tried to use the guide a few times, and each time I am met with the same issues. I’ll keep checking it. I know you are playing catch up, so I can understand that, but it has been a frustrating experience so far.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.