Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cdmichaelnc
    Participant

Sometime in the last week or so, I suddenly started seeing pet icons all over ZM (and only ZM, the pet icons look like those associated with PetTracker but still appear even if PetTracker is uninstalled).  After disabling one addon at a time, I eventually discovered my Dugi Guide as the source of this issue.  I can’t find a setting to enable/disable this but the map coverage makes it difficult to see anything BUT the pet icons when looking at the map.  Any ideas how to address this issue?
      Thank you

Ozzi
      Participant

Yes, that would be the Dugi Guides Pet Tracker module, to disable this module, right click on the Mini Map and then uncheck Track Pets. That should stop the cluster of pets showing up on both the mini map and the main map.

jgwallace3
        Participant

I already use the ‘PetTracker’ addon to display pet icons on the zone map. I’d like an option to completely disable Dugi’s module.

Ozzi
          Participant

I already use the ‘PetTracker’ addon to display pet icons on the zone map. I’d like an option to completely disable Dugi’s module.

There is, It’s under the Mini Map, right click the Mini Map, deselect Track Pets.

Alternatively, you’d have to edit ExtraExtendedTrackingPoints.lua but that will get overwritten every time there’s an update, however, if you still have previous updates, like say 8.998 you can replace ExtendedTrackingPoints.lua and ExtraExtendedTrackingPoints.lua. Other than that, there’s not much that can be done.
            Here’s the files from version 8.998, simply extract them and replace them in World of WarcraftInterfaceAddonsDugisGuideViewerZ and then choose yes, or yes to all to overwrite.
            These files will rewind the previous additions and removes all the battle pets, you may lose out on a few extra rares in the process. All of this is up to you, however, there’s no other way to turn them off other than using Uncheck Track Pets from the Mini Map.
            jgwallace3
            Participant
              TY for the info and the files. While I appreciate the effort that went into adding the pet/etc tracking, I am happy with using other tools for now like handynotes and pettracker.
              I find the zone map too cluttered with all the available pets listed. I want to be able to display only the ones I’m missing. Disabling the dugi pet tracking points and using ‘track pets’ along with pettracker does that for me.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.