Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    beastieboy
    Participant
      First, I have no clue why I need both.
      Second, the Objective “frame” is empty (when open) and the actual objectives simply are printed on the screen atop whatever is in the top-right to middle-right of the screen.  The frame is movable, but the text is not.  When the frame is minimized the text disappears.
      Third,  the Dugi arrow for “what to do next” is directing me to do the next thing in the Guide Frame, not the Objectives Frame.
      Last clue is that if I minimize the Objectives Frame and kill 1 of 8 whatevers for a quest … each time I kill one the Objective Frame & Text pops back up.
      I’m assuming they are both Dugi items and one is not from some other source like Blizz (or some other Addon?  If they’re both Dugi, do you guys use both?  Or one over the other? Yes I see Chincilla Minimap has a quest guide, but I disabled it.
      Could someone help an old gamer out here?
      beastieboy
      Participant

Oh, I guess I need to say …. if I could get the text inside the Objectives Frame … I’d be tempted to use both.  But having 2 frames (one of which occupies 2 places + is unreadable … well, just very annoying.

lorac
        Participant

I fully agree with you Beastieboy,
          For the moment I disable dugi to prevent the errors when saving UI changes.
          Go to ui setup and edit the properties for objective window and make it as small as possible and drag it as low on the screen to give Dugi some room to breath then save it and reenable Dugi and I find it to be an acceptible workaround until a solution can be found or maybe info on how to disable the objective frame in Blizzard default addons. I hope this tip works for you. 

beastieboy
          Participant
            Thanks lorac,
            Yeah, very annoying.  I kinda got things rearranged so it’s playable.  It will get old though.
            I tried disabling Dugi to see if it “all” disappeared … and now I’m more confused.  Both “frames” do disappear, but about 1/3 of the text I mentioned remains.
            I do have several other addons, so the goto is disable 1 at a time to make sure one of them isn’t the culprit …
            I’ll let everyone know what happens, just in case someone else runs in to the same issue.
            beastieboy
            Participant
              Disabled every addon 1 at a time.  None of them affected the frames or text.
              Did Dugi have any updates in the past several days because we have the same issue with my wife’s WotLK/Dugi setup.  We’re old (I’m 74, she’s 70). play games alot, got our own PC’s, Blizz, Dugi & Steam accounts.  Both “just” started having the issue.
              In the meantime, if anyone comes up with a permanent solution, please let me know.  I’ll keep going this way till it gets fixed or it pisses me off then switch to some other game.
              Dugi
              Keymaster

is this for wow classic ? can you post a screenshot so I know exactly what you mean, not being able to move the frame or text etc. 

Guide frame = dugi
                Objective frame = blizzard

to prevent guide frame from doubling up with objective frame you should should either 

1. disable the objectives in guide frame and use objective frame for your tracking needs. 

go to dugi settings > display > untick show objectives 

Last clue is that if I minimize the Objectives Frame and kill 1 of 8 whatevers for a quest … each time I kill one the Objective Frame & Text pops back up.

this is how wow normally works by default, you need to disable this option in the game menu > display > untick automatic quest tracking. 

beastieboy
                Participant
                  So you are saying I can disable the Dugi feature, but not the Blizz version.  Disappointing, since the Dugi “Guide” is arranged in an order that makes sense.
                  Interestingly, starting a new character/alt displays only the Dugi Guide … like it was with all other characters/alts before several days ago.
                  It’s really too bad, since I only get/use Addons because I want to use the addon features “instead” of the Blizz equivalent.
                  beastieboy
                  Participant
                    … it took accepting 1 quest for the Blizz Objective frame & text to pop up (in separate locations, of course).
                    Using Dugi for in-game/on-screen questing guidance & direction was the whole point in my getting Dugi 2 years ago.  This is, however the first I’ve used it with Classic.  Never had anything but jo0y using it with retail.
                    Kinda wish I’d have known it wouldn’t work the same in/for Classic.
                    Dugi
                    Keymaster

you can disable the Blizz feature 

you need to disable this option in the game menu > display > untick automatic quest tracking. 

beastieboy
                      Participant
                        Nope, thanks anyway.  I went to game menu > display > unticked automatic quest tracking … then /reload and Voila … the Blizz Objective Frame & Text is still there, as well as (of course), the Dugi Guide Frame.
                        I guess though … either my wife’s & my 2 PC’s are the only one’s with this issue or it really doesn’t bother anyone else that they get a great in-game/on-screen guide and then use the Blizz one instead, anyway.
                        Thanks to all & Dugi for trying top help.
                        marcelcougar
                        Participant

lorac said:

I fully agree with you Beastieboy,
                          For the moment I disable dugi to prevent the errors when saving UI changes.
                          Go to ui setup and edit the properties for objective window and make it as small as possible and drag it as low on the screen to give Dugi some room to breath then save it and reenable Dugi and I find it to be an acceptible workaround until a solution can be found or maybe info on how to disable the objective frame in Blizzard default addons. I hope this tip works for you. 

You can do that?

beastieboy
                          Participant

Yeah, I did a workaround of my own and now I’m able to use both with out sacrificing any critical space.  I put the Objectives and Guide stacked vertically on the right side, put a square Chincilla Minimap under character portrait on left and disabled the Dugi Zone Map.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.