Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    einistein
    Participant
      I did some tests. Blizzard UI scale is disabled when ElvUI scale is enabled. So Elvui supersedes Blizzard, which is also the reason why Elvui removes the Blizzard UI scale setting entirely from the Blizzard Graphics settings dialog now.
      DG small window is moves around every time when UI scale is changed by either Blizzard or Elvui. I don’t know if scaling is the real culprit here, but knowing it is one possible candidate. Kaliel’s tracker does not move around after reloads, so whatever DG does different seems incompatible with Elvui.
      solidslush
      Participant

Good information, but it’s not just Elvui.  My tests were conducted as DG alone, and yes I used DG to Move the OT window.

Scaling might still be a thing, but I think the problem is not just incompatibility.  I undocked the Target Icon and placed it directly on top of the Small Window.  You can see the reload shift up to down.  With multistep, it’s pretty big adjustments and easier to see. 

Dugi
        Keymaster

ok we can confirm the bug, we’re working to fix this 

einistein
          Participant

Great news. This has been a nuisance for quite some time.

solidslush
            Participant

Woot!

solidslush
              Participant

Doing some testing with 8.940 — seems there is still some movements.  I did several reloads with just the addon and it seemed to never budge.  When I enable Elvui it starts to adjust again.  

Even manually setting the Elvui scale to .64 doesn’t keep it in place.

EDIT:  Maybe a workaround?  I set my Elvui scale to .65 and set my CVars, uiscale .65 & useuiscale 1.

So that they match Elv…  My previous scale was a bit hard to read anyways, so maybe blessing in disguise?

einistein
                Participant
                  Generally it stays in place when I start Wow with an empty guide. But I just loaded the Enchanting guide and the window instantly jumped up to the default Blizzard position (beneath my minimap).
                  I also had it jump down at one point (but only vertically).
                  Dugi
                  Keymaster

it should be improved. If you can make another video demonstrating the issue with the latest version, we’ll try again 

einistein
                    Participant
                      This is an animated GIF. First showing OT not moving when no guide is loaded, then showing OT (+embedded small frame) moving when a guide is loaded. At one point the OT vanishes entirely from screen. Only DG + Elvui addons loaded.
                      And since the new icon arrow has been introduced the zone map + arrow started moving between reloads, too (when icon arrow is disabled).

einistein
                      Participant

May be related or not: When the small frame is *not* embedded into the OT then moving the OT does not follow the mouse movement. Instead the OT window moves slower across the screen than the mouse-pointer. Not so with the small frame.

Dugi
                        Keymaster

thank you for the video we’re looking into it again

I do not use Elvui.  Every time i log in the the objective tracker has moved.

einistein
                          Participant

Will this be fixed then (including the now moving area map/arrow? DG is the only addon that keeps moving around on my screen and I have many installed.

Dugi
                            Keymaster

einistein said:

Will this be fixed then (including the now moving area map/arrow? DG is the only addon that keeps moving around on my screen and I have many installed.

Sorry I forgot to reply to this, we did check it but can’t seem to make it fail like you. Do you have the  Display > “Expand Up” option enabled? 

einistein
                              Participant
                                No, but the frame does not jump every time a new guide is loaded, just sometimes.
                                Expand up is disabled, but as soon as this option is switched (on or off) the non-integrated small frame (or integrated OT) immediately jumps to the default OT position.
                                Small frame also still keeps moving around with each reload.
                              Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.