Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Dugi
    Keymaster

icchan841 said:

Hey Dugi,

i am going to make this Long, VERY Long story short:

thank you for video its really helpful, we really want to fix this. 

I’m sorry to ask you to record again, can you test again without any waypoints loaded, right click and select remove,  will help us alot to narrow down the issue. 

Dugi
      Keymaster

icchan841 said:

Hey Dugi,

i did see you asked to delete the macros – i would appreciate if you or any other memeber here tell me how to delete the Dugi Macros.
        i did not create any macros on my own so if there are any, i guess the Dugi addon has some.

We meant this to delete all your own existing macro in /macro   every single one. 
        test it again 
        then re-add your macros 

Dugi
        Keymaster

can someone take a screenshot of what they macro structure look like

screen shot of the /macro frame,   general and specific 

icchan841
          Participant

hi dugi,

i’ll get right to it once im home after work.
            so in about 11 hours from now.

i will record my screen while i delete the macros and do the rest of your instructions.
            if there are certain things you’d like me to do in a specific order, or add more tests, let me know and i’ll do them all.

i truly hope we can get this issue fixed asap.
            playing without your guide feels like im playing naked.

Dugi
            Keymaster

icchan841 said:

if there are certain things you’d like me to do in a specific order, or add more tests, let me know and i’ll do them all.

thank you for helping. 

can you test the following

1. delete all macros etc in your general and specific, (back them up) and test without any macros 
              2. test without any guide loaded, (dugi addon show no guide loaded) 
              3. try going to the dugisguideviewerz addon folder and rename target.lua to target1.lua and /reload ,  you get a file missing error but you can ignore it. This will remove the target button module completely which is really the only part of the addon that uses the macro system. 
              4. can you also test with a brand new character. 

icchan841
              Participant

Dugi said:

icchan841 said:

thank you for helping. 

can you test the following

1. delete all macros etc in your general and specific, (back them up) and test without any macros 
                2. test without any guide loaded, (dugi addon show no guide loaded) 
                3. try going to the dugisguideviewerz addon folder and rename target.lua to target1.lua and /reload ,  you get a file missing error but you can ignore it. This will remove the target button module completely which is really the only part of the addon that uses the macro system. 
                4. can you also test with a brand new character. 

Will do no problem.
                it’s 12:31 PM in Israel right now. 
                will be home at around 7 PM.

the testing and results (will recorder ALL The steps you asked for, through the Screen Recorder so you can see whether or not i misstep somehow).

Can’t wait.
                update soon.

icchan841
                Participant

Alright, so i took the steps you requested, all but the one misstep i took which was after renaming target.lua to target1.lua and performing a /reload.
                  instead i exited the game, changed the file name and re-entered. 
                  if the step i mentioned above is an issue, let me know and i will repeat it correctly.

http://youtu.be/Hov3BkwVn58?hd=1

i am unsure on which steps to take once i created a new char, so i hope the tests i do perform will suffice. 
                  otherwise, the usual, let me know and i will repeat the steps at the correct order as you’ll suggest.

icchan841
                  Participant

Yosh,

i created a new char, but basically, changed nothing.
                    target.lua is already at it’s new name target1.lua.
                    macros are deleted.
                    only dugi was loaded.

guide in-game, not loaded.

waiting for further instructions.

http://youtu.be/NaJwDqbFoO8?hd=1

1911corsair
                    Participant

Can confirm it’s still happening with .1024 version.

////edit
                      It’s definitely the macro I had, I deleted it in-game and no fps drops.

icchan841
                      Participant

Can confirm it’s still happening with .1024 version.

1.025 came out – maybe that patch has something to do with it.
                        let’s wait for the Dugi team to see what they can extract from the 2 videos i uploaded.

icchan841
                        Participant

as of now, after loading all my addons, including dugi of course – while an in-game guide is loaded..

no fps issues what-so-ever.

might be the ‘deleted macro’ part that did the trick – perhaps the dugi team can confirm if that’s what the actual real cause.

might also be the new patch to 1.025 that did it too?

regardless, waiting on confirmation on whether there’s anything else we can help with as far as testing goes, or should we head over to this post again, if the issue araise..

hoodlum
                          Participant

i have the same fps drops after deleting all macros in /macros. So i think thats not the solution for me 😐

Edit1: after /reload ive got more fps but the fps drops comes after some minutes

Dugi
                            Keymaster

hoodlum said:

i have the same fps drops after deleting all macros in /macros. So i think thats not the solution for me 😐

Edit1: after /reload ive got more fps but the fps drops comes after some minutes

are you sure all macros are all gone? there are 2 tabs, General and specific, can you double check

Dugi
                              Keymaster

icchan841 said:

as of now, after loading all my addons, including dugi of course – while an in-game guide is loaded..

no fps issues what-so-ever.

might be the ‘deleted macro’ part that did the trick – perhaps the dugi team can confirm if that’s what the actual real cause.

might also be the new patch to 1.025 that did it too?

regardless, waiting on confirmation on whether there’s anything else we can help with as far as testing goes, or should we head over to this post again, if the issue araise..

thank you very much for the tests, have you tried it again with the same condition as your original video that produced the FPS drop ? is it still happening after you replace the macros back?

insanejokajams
                                Participant

I use several macros and couple addons but the fps drop stops after I disabled “questie” addon FYI

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.