Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    elrada
    Participant

I also got massive FPS drops yesterday – from 60 FPS down to at times 8 but on average 20-30. If I disabled the Dugi guide in classic then the FPS returned to normal.

Using Titan Performance Issue the amount of memory used by the Dugi guide was increasing all of the time.

I disabled all add ons and tried out on a brand new character with just Dugi and was fine.

I then disabled Questie and went back in on an existing character and the FPS was fine also Dugi was no longer increasing memory usage all of the time.

My guess is that something changed in either (or both) Dugi and Questie and they are interacting with each other in way that causes the memory usage to snowball and as a result your FPS to tank (though I am by no means an expert).

But disabling Questie (which is not really essential anyway with the Dugi guide activated) seems to solve the issue.

BTW I am using the Mac client.

I am having same issues, I play around 200+ fps but after few minutes it goes down to 20-30 fps. If i type /refresh it kicks back but ones again goes to low 30s.

elrada said:

I also got massive FPS drops yesterday – from 60 FPS down to at times 8 but on average 20-30. If I disabled the Dugi guide in classic then the FPS returned to normal.

Using Titan Performance Issue the amount of memory used by the Dugi guide was increasing all of the time.

I disabled all add ons and tried out on a brand new character with just Dugi and was fine.

I then disabled Questie and went back in on an existing character and the FPS was fine also Dugi was no longer increasing memory usage all of the time.

My guess is that something changed in either (or both) Dugi and Questie and they are interacting with each other in way that causes the memory usage to snowball and as a result your FPS to tank (though I am by no means an expert).

But disabling Questie (which is not really essential anyway with the Dugi guide activated) seems to solve the issue.

BTW I am using the Mac client.

I disabled questie and still got the same problem but i’m playing on windows computer.

I disabled questie and still got the same problem but i’m playing on windows computer.

I can now confirm it got something to do with macros. I deleted all of them and haven’t had any problems.

Dugi please make this fix one of the priority because im not playing with out macros and will have addons dugi disabled till its fixed. 20 fps just unplayable. 

Dugi
      Keymaster

Dugi please make this fix one of the priority because im not playing with out macros and will have addons dugi disabled till its fixed. 20 fps just unplayable. 

you can still play with macros, the fix is to remove all of them and test without macro then add them again. For whatever reason it worked for some people. 

Dugi said:

you can still play with macros, the fix is to remove all of them and test without macro then add them again. For whatever reason it worked for some people. 

as soon as I added macros back frames dropped again.

football
        Participant

Dugi said:

Did you copy them one by one to a txt file or did you move the macros-cache.txt ?
          I copied them one by one and deleted them from the in-game UI and when I copied them back, I checked them all for empty spaces, typos etc.
          Frame drops are completely gone for me.

Dugi
          Keymaster

can you tell all all the macro’s that you’re using? can you test one macro at a time and check which one create the issue. 

1911corsair
            Participant

Can confirm FPS drops from Dugi. Other addons enabled: VendorPrice, Questie.

One macro used, spammable wand shoot.

#showtooltip
              /castsequence reset=2 !Shoot, null
              Dugi
              Keymaster

We made some changes try update to the latest version now and type /dugi fix 

icchan841
                Participant

Hey Dugi,

i am going to make this Long, VERY Long story short:

on Thursday, after using the Dugi Addon (classic of course) for a few days, i started getting FPS drops, but not just any fps drops.
                  i am talking about 380-480 FPS down to 8-12.

Dugi, i **** you not (and i got pictures to prove it), i thought my 6 years gaming Rig got old. 
                  stupid or not, i bought a new rig.

installed wow again, Dugi addon again.. and FPS went back down to 10.

i can now tell you after testing a new hardware, new installations, with Zero add ons but Dugi.. the Dugi guide is what causing the FPS drops.

i came to the forums to report it but i see it already an on going subject.

going to record to you, how i can put any add on i have on me and without the Dugi, the FPS drops issue will NOT occur.

i did see you asked to delete the macros – i would appreciate if you or any other memeber here tell me how to delete the Dugi Macros.
                  i did not create any macros on my own so if there are any, i guess the Dugi addon has some.

regardless, i am going to show you using the Recorder software you suggested, how the DugiGuide addon cause the FPS issues.

gonna video it and i shall be back asap.

Roy

Video Link: http://youtu.be/DWmu2824H7Q?hd=1

P.S
                  i forgot to load all the Add-Ons but Dugi.. but i hope this video was demonstrating enough to prove it is in fact the dugi guide that causes the FPS drops.

P.S 2
                  if i was to wait 10-15 minutes longer, you would see the FPS goes as low as 8-11 FPS.. 
                  after that point, i didn’t stay in-game to see if it goes even lower.

P.S 3
                  the Screen Recorder seemed to reduce my FPS right off the bat, so my usual FPS with all the add-ons enabled, max graphics (well, Optimized through the GeForce Experience), it dances between 120-160.

without any Add-Ons, my FPS jumps between 350 and 490.

using Asus ROG 25″ g-sync 244MHZ Monitor.

football said:

Dugi said:

Did you copy them one by one to a txt file or did you move the macros-cache.txt ?
                  I copied them one by one and deleted them from the in-game UI and when I copied them back, I checked them all for empty spaces, typos etc.
                  Frame drops are completely gone for me.

I did exactly the way you did it, still getting frame drops.

Dugi said:

can you tell all all the macro’s that you’re using? can you test one macro at a time and check which one create the issue. 

/petattack 

/petfollow

/showtooltip

/cast Fire Shield(Rank 5)
                  /cast Sacrifice(Rank 3)
                  /cast Spell Lock(Rank 1)
                  /cast Seduction

/cast Amplify Curse
                  /castsequence Curse of Agony(Rank 3), Siphon Life(Rank 1)
                  /castsequence Siphon Life(Rank 1), Curse of Agony(Rank 3)

/castsequence Curse of Tongues(Rank 1), Siphon Life(Rank 1)
                  /castsequence Siphon Life(Rank 1), Curse of Tongues(Rank 1)

/run MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Hide();MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Hide()    This one to delete gryph pictures on the side of the bars.

/lol    Can’t play without Lol macro.. ^^

I updated and typed /dugy fix still frame drop by 5 min

Here my Diagnostics if this will help.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.