Dugi Guides™ | World of Warcraft Leveling Guides © 2010 – 2024 Forums Suggestions Issue with Midsummer quest completion check-off, TBC 2.110

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    maxhawk
    Participant

The guide marks the wrong quest if one doesn’t do it in the exact order of the guide. For example, let’s say you’re in Stranglethorn Vale and start the Midsummer guide. If you complete the Honor the Flame quest for SV, the guide will mark Elwynn Forest Honor the Flame complete instead of SV. Other non-bonfire Midsummer quests cause this to happen as well.

Dugi
      Keymaster

I tested this and it seems to be working correctly.

maxhawk
        Participant

I tried disabling every addon except DugiGuidesViewer 2.111 and it’s still occurring :confused:.

Since I’m using flight points, I went from SV to Westfall to Darkshore. When I completed Westfall the Darkshore step was ticked completed. Using the Reload button from the guides list marked Westfall complete, but Darkshore was still complete.

Do you have any suggestions on how to debug what’s going on?

Dugi
          Keymaster

is this for horde or alliance?

try typing /dugi fix and select yes to reload 

maxhawk
            Participant

This is on alliance side.

/dugi fix didn’t correct the issue. It’s something I should have known to try.

maxhawk
              Participant

I just did a fresh install of Wow Classic on a spare computer and installed only the Dugi TBC addon. I tested a toon that’s been sitting idle in Loch Modan and selected the Midsummer Events guide. When I clicked on the fire in Loch Modan, the addon marked Elwynn Forest as complete.

I tried the same thing on a horde toon in Razor City. Upon clicking the fire the guide marked Mulgore as complete. If I select (from within the Current Guide window) Reset and Reload the correct quest is marked.

This does not appear to be a horde vs alliance issue, nor the specific Windows/WoW installation or addon compatibility.

maxhawk
                Participant

There is a typo in line 6 of Midsummer_Bonfires_Azeroth_A.lua. There are 2 references to “map”.

A Honor the Flame |QID|11816| |N|(npc:25898) in (map:1429) in (map:) (43.47,62.63)| |E| |Z|1429| |NPC|25898|

Also a typo in line 14 with a missing colon:

A Honor the Flame |QID|11810| |N|(npc:25892) in (map1428) (80.30,62.89)| |E| |Z|1428| |NPC|25892|

Dugi
                  Keymaster

maxhawk said:

I just did a fresh install of Wow Classic on a spare computer and installed only the Dugi TBC addon. I tested a toon that’s been sitting idle in Loch Modan and selected the Midsummer Events guide. When I clicked on the fire in Loch Modan, the addon marked Elwynn Forest as complete.

I tried the same thing on a horde toon in Razor City. Upon clicking the fire the guide marked Mulgore as complete. If I select (from within the Current Guide window) Reset and Reload the correct quest is marked.

This does not appear to be a horde vs alliance issue, nor the specific Windows/WoW installation or addon compatibility.

I really don’t know, I checked the questid and they are correct.  

I tested the guides and so far it’s working for both factions see video http://somup.com/crjfrNYpWw

are you using any other addons? can you test with only dugi enabled. 

maxhawk
                    Participant

The last test was on a fresh Wow installation and only the Dugi addon installed.

In your video, Swamp of Sorrows was the next quest in the guide — this always works. The issue is when you honor or desecrate a fire “out of order” from the guide. Instead of Swamp of Sorrows go to Westfall. When you honor the fire in Westfall, Swamp of Sorrows will get checked off as complete.

maxhawk
                      Participant

Here’s a video to show what’s happening. This was not recorded from the fresh Wow/Dugi-only installation but they both have the same behavior.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crjf0KVjhP5

Dugi
                        Keymaster

maxhawk said:

The issue is when you honor or desecrate a fire “out of order” from the guide.

Yes that makes sense now, this is working as intended. The bonfire quests are different in the way it is detected as complete. It doesn’t fire an event to tell the addon that the quest is complete like normal quests so we’re using a more crude method to detect the completion which is to tick the current step if a quest complete button is pressed. 

we kind of expect people using the guide to complete it in order so you don’t notice a difference in the way the addon is functioning.  Unfortunately we don’t have a better solution for this. However if you click reset / reload button it should correctly tick the completed quest. 

maxhawk
                          Participant

Ok thanks for the explanation. Sorry to send you on a goose chase for something that’s working as expected.

Is this one of the guides that indicated you had to manually tick the quest complete (back in retail)? I remember having to do that, but can’t remember which quest chain it was.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.