Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    camoz20
    Participant

The guide keeps telling me to pick up quests thinking I am horde but playing an alliance toon, not sure if it’s because I am playing a dark iron dwarf or if the addon is bugged. not sure if others have noticed this? I can skip them  but it’s just annoying when its telling me to pick up quests that don’t exist for me.

Ozzi
      Participant
        What guide is this for? it’s an important bit of information to give if you want us to look in to this.
        I’m guessing Dark Iron Dwarf guide, but that guide does not have Horde quests because Dark Iron Dwarf is alliance.
        Then again, can you name the quests this guide is allegedly telling you to complete that’s Horde?
        It may be very well a bug, without any further clarification there’s not much else I can personally do.
        camoz20
        Participant

Oh Apologize I was half asleep when I typed this. It’s been for the Dragon Flight starting zone, have not gotten up to the next zone yet. But so far the guide when you land on the beach tells you to talk to an Horde NPC but after running around then finding the quest from the alliance side I have to walk over to the Horde NPC but your guide after getting the quest tells me to hand quest in to the Alliance NPC was so confusing haha. So the troubles have started from there.

Ozzi
          Participant

Very odd, I used the guides twice now and that has not happened, the 2 characters were Alliance and Horde, Hunter and Pally.

I am about to do another character (probably a Priest or Warlock) to get more storylines added to the guides, including Thaldraszus, storylines to do before you get to the main city. Then continue with the campaign. After the campaign to complete other storylines. This should achieve Sojourner achievements in all zones along with a few explore achievements. There should be like 3 or more extra achievements in the progression including the earning of dragonriding mounts for each zone too.
            Once I am done optimizing the guides I’ll run a fourth character either a Shaman or a Mage (I am more inclined to use my Mage, I may change my mind later on lol) while keeping track of a timer so that I can report and claim how long it will take to ding 70 and complete the guides etc. Just some  useful data to know ;)
            camoz20
            Participant

OK I will double check on another Character to see if it happens again and take some screenshots.

Ozzi
              Participant

Yep good idea, chances are I knew the progression from beta.
                Note the step or better yet, quest name.

camoz20
                Participant

So quest name is Encroaching Elementals and asks you to get to talk too Warlord Breka Grimaxe, but you need to do Give Peace a Chance from Captain Garrick first before you can get the Encroaching Elementals, which is just missing from the guide. I will have to get up to the next quest before I can give the error. But I know
                   it’s just after you learn Dragon Flight.

Ozzi
                  Participant

Thanks for that, ill keep this in mind when i come to fix the guides up.

I’ve had a problem with this ordering as well.  In The Dragonscale Expedition guide it’s telling me talk to Warlord Breka Grimaxe for Give Peace a Chance immediately after the step Where is Wrathion with Toddy Whiskers.  Breka doesn’t offer the quest at this point.  It’s not until a few step later when I first get the quest from Captain Garrick and then Breka has the step.  I just think the Captain Garrick step and the Breka steps got reversed maybe.

Also noticed the next step Encroaching Elementals actually step comes from Breka after turning in Give Peace a Chance, but the guide says to go to Captain Garrick.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.