Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    highpitch
    Participant

I use a a lot of macros when I play and have recently found that Dugi guides has somehow caused a malfunction where i cannot create a focus target by any means. 

As soon as I disable Dugi guides I am able to create @focus Target

Ozzi
      Participant

highpitch said:

I use a a lot of macros when I play and have recently found that Dugi guides has somehow caused a malfunction where i cannot create a focus target by any means. 

As soon as I disable Dugi guides I am able to create @focus Target

Which client are you referring to? Retail, Wrath Classic or Classic Era?
        With Dugi Guides enabled I am able to use @focus quite easily. How are you writing your macro, perhaps I can help? or you can look at this website https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Focus_target

Here’s my macro on my Hunter and selecting a random target as my focus and ensuring target is cleared /cleartarget.

#showtooltip
        /cast [@focus] Hunter's Mark

Drag the new macro to action bar and then clicking it, it works as expected.

I just need the client so I can properly test this, I was in the retail client.
        Another macro I used to test with ..

#showtooltip
        /target Cliffside Pollinator
        /focus
        /cleartarget
        /cast [@focus] Hunter's Mark

This above macro work’s as expected as well.

highpitch
        Participant

Sorry I play retail, and I cannot make a Focus target in game. To fix the issue I have to logout completely and THEN I can create a focus target. Once I get a focus it works great again 

highpitch
          Participant

It isn’t about creating a macro, I’m a wizard at that, the game occasionally throws an error when I have Dugi guides enabled and will not allow me to make a Focus target

Ozzi
            Participant

I am sorry but I cannot replicate this, can you please try with just Dugiguides enabled, all other addons disabled.

highpitch
              Participant

I will again once maintenance is over but I disabled all addons and Dugi was the last one. At first I thought it was my raid frames addon but I systematically eliminated each addon, but the bug that kept popping up was Dugis. Its weird because you can play for an hour and then suddenly it bugs out when the screen /reloads 

Ozzi
                Participant

What version of DugiGuides are you using?
                  I also recommend to use !!NoTaint2, in-game type /notaint2 and that’s it, all characters on that account “!!NoTaint” will work for you to a degree. Perhaps NoTaint can help you in this case.

highpitch
                  Participant

It was happening on Version 90190 retail but it seems ok now, thanks for the Notaint advice as well, I will have a look at it 

Ozzi
                    Participant

highpitch said:

It was happening on Version 90190 retail but it seems ok now, thanks for the Notaint advice as well, I will have a look at it 

Well that would explain your errors, can you please update to 9.0192 and test again.
                      I really hope that Notaint addon will help reduce the issues you are facing. But defiantly updating the guides should do the trick.

highpitch
                      Participant

I am definitely on the latest greatest (9.0192) and it works sometimes but most times It loses the focus during a reload of the screen and I am unable to re-acquire a focus target. 

Sorry but its a deal breaker for me 

Dugi
                        Keymaster

you’re saying sometimes with dugi enabled /focus macro doesn’t work ? 

does it work when you type it manually?
                          does it work with mouse click or keyboard press? 

if you get an error can you copy and paste the error 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.