Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jjyoung
    Participant

I’ve just had another issue with coordination between 2 guides for the same zone.  In this example, I was doing the Dustwallow Marsh 43-44 Quest Marg Speaks.  It looks like you just need to kill Muchshells until a Jeweled Pendant drops.  I thought the the Pendant would actually give a quest.  However, it appeared that the quest was supposed to be obtained from the Dustwallow Marsh 38-38 guide, which I didn’t do because I jumped over those levels by running dungeons.

I believe that you should have a check if the persons has the needed quest.  At the very least, put a note in their telling them they need to have it.  This isn’t really a problem if the quest and quest progress items are listed in the same guide

to add to this, when the guide tells you to do “identifying the brood” quest, it asks you to kill searing hatchlings/whelps. if you follow this step nothing drops since you never actually picked up the quest for these to drop from the npc back in brackenwall village. the guide never instructs you to go pick up the quest from the npc.

also to add, i spent an hour doing this step and nothing dropped, so i went looking around brackenwall village talking to the npc’s and grabbed all the quests. finally after talking with the npc inside the cave i get a quest for the drops. this is just another example where just using questie saves more time than using dugi lately. alot of stuff in the upper level ranges wastes more time. steps are sending me here or there and back again instead of streamlining questing. big departure from the retail version even giving the product 2 months after launch.

right now i cant give this a recommendation to anyone when questie at least gives you correct info if you take a quest.

dugi is still in a beta state compared to questie.

Dugi
      Keymaster

Mark speaks jjyoung said:

I’ve just had another issue with coordination between 2 guides for the same zone.  In this example, I was doing the Dustwallow Marsh 43-44 Quest Marg Speaks.  It looks like you just need to kill Muchshells until a Jeweled Pendant drops.  I thought the the Pendant would actually give a quest.  However, it appeared that the quest was supposed to be obtained from the Dustwallow Marsh 38-38 guide, which I didn’t do because I jumped over those levels by running dungeons.

I believe that you should have a check if the persons has the needed quest.  At the very least, put a note in their telling them they need to have it.  This isn’t really a problem if the quest and quest progress items are listed in the same guide

The Jeweled Pendant will drop when you have the quest Marg Speaks which you have, the drop rate is low, nothing to do with the 38-38 guide 

Dugi
        Keymaster

nodak1967 said:

also to add, i spent an hour doing this step and nothing dropped, so i went looking around brackenwall village talking to the npc’s and grabbed all the quests. finally after talking with the npc inside the cave i get a quest for the drops. this is just another example where just using questie saves more time than using dugi lately. alot of stuff in the upper level ranges wastes more time. steps are sending me here or there and back again instead of streamlining questing. big departure from the retail version even giving the product 2 months after launch.

right now i cant give this a recommendation to anyone when questie at least gives you correct info if you take a quest.

You’re comparing a custom guide addon to a wowhead datamined addon. Apples to Oranges. 

Dugi said:

nodak1967 said:

You’re comparing a custom guide addon to a wowhead datamined addon. Apples to oranges. 

i also paid $37 for a product that had a narrow focus and requirement that i didnt expect to match questie level of detail, but expect to get questing experience nailed down better than it is at this point in time. i do like the product alot, but compared to the other paid guide like dugi, its lacking for polish in the questing. the flow sometimes when questing is broken horribly that it shouldnt have passed quality control testing.

i didnt make any opinions until after a month to give time to clean up things not forseen during beta, but meh it is what it is.

Dugi
          Keymaster
            narrow focus and requirement that i didnt expect to match questie level of detail

quite an understatement there. real funny. 

Dugi said:

narrow focus and requirement that i didnt expect to match questie level of detail

quite an understatement there. real funny. 

well i guess if you think your product is funny, have at it. with a narrow focus on what is expected of a paid product and you cant even come close to a addon that is free and gives you 4x the info. not a good sign of the attitude of the owner. i would have expected better fit and finish and QA on quests that didnt involve as much.

if you are going to compare your guide to questie, you might not want to start that debate.

Dugi
            Keymaster

nodak1967 said:
              well i guess if you think your product is funny, have at it. with a narrow focus on what is expected of a paid product and you cant even come close to a addon that is free and gives you 4x the info. not a good sign of the attitude of the owner. i would have expected better fit and finish and QA on quests that didnt involve as much.

if you are going to compare your guide to questie, you might not want to start that debate.

Are we going to pretend that there’s no reason of why you bought the guide in the first place? nothing at all?
              If you’re not happy, get a refund and leave, don’t worry you’ll still have questie. 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.