Dugi Guides™ | World of Warcraft Leveling Guides © 2010 – 2024 Forums General Classic – What does Pre-quest required mean

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chr1zz
    Participant

I’m assuming it means I don’t have the quest chain?? but why don’t have I have the quest chain.

Also why does sometimes I just get the As you go… instruction in the guide objectives with no other place to go….

Looking at barrens 12-20 step 29 it just says as you go…

chr1zz
      Participant

step 30 and 31 are the ones that say pre-quest required.

maxxdiamond
        Participant

Dugi guide is nice if you level 1 to 60 with quests. If you run dungeons for a while and out level the quests, and you try to pick up with a guide in your new level range, the guide will be full of these pre quests that you have no clue on where they are. 

Dugi
          Keymaster

chr1zz said:

I’m assuming it means I don’t have the quest chain?? but why don’t have I have the quest chain.

Also why does sometimes I just get the As you go… instruction in the guide objectives with no other place to go….

Looking at barrens 12-20 step 29 it just says as you go…

As you go is a special note for something that you can do on the way hence “As you go…”, it’s not direct instruction for you to complete right now so it doesn’t contain any waypoint for it as you will be told to complete the same objective properly later. 

pre-quest means you need previous quests, if you don’t have it then you will have to to skip the quest as it will often be too time consuming to complete the previous quests that it would be better if you just grind some npcs rather than running back to get the pre-quests. This is how it is in WoW Classic. 

dasoul
            Participant

Actually the “as you go…” statement is perfect instead of a fix task because in several areas these specific quests are kill quests and there are simply not enough mobs.

So instead of telling you to go to place x and grind mobs for a long period of time, you just do it while traveling back and forth doing other quests. 

This can be a great time safer, especially in overpopulated areas.

Also it is not true that you’re like completely lost if you pick up a guide later. In most cases you maybe lose a few quests but definitely not like half the guide.

If you know you are outleveling the guide but still want to finish it, you can simply open the guide and mark the source quest with an “x”, this way the entire quest chain will be ignored later on.

It is done really well!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.