Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    einistein
    Participant
      I sometimes see Taxi trying to send me considerable detours. I can only speculate that it might be confused by different heights of places?
      Dugi
      Keymaster

taxi can’t detect height only if its on a different map. If you think its off try refreshing the waypoint arrow and it should correct itself. 

einistein
        Participant

I already tried that, what you see is the result. Taxi often tries to send me over those two points you see in the screenshot when in Mulgore.

einistein
          Participant
            Here is another strange example of taxi wanting me to walk this way while I am standing right in front of a flightmaster. Refreshing does not help.
            Dugi
            Keymaster

I tested it and it is working 

did you recently type /dugi fix? or is taxi setting set to none for flightmaster? 

if you used /dugi fix then you will need to speak to a flight master first to refresh the data

Dugi
              Keymaster

einistein
                Participant

Default taxi settings, flight-data was updated already (I flew there by flightmaster).

Dugi
                  Keymaster

i think its only for that particular spot for some reason the taxi thinks its faster to travel on your mount, we’ll take a look

einistein
                    Participant
                      Here I am standing right on top of the destination quest NPC (over the entrance to wailing caverns). Taxi asks me to take another world tour to get there.
                      As soon as I hit the ground taxi properly pointed towards the cave. Next I went into her cave and refreshed. Here is the result:
                      Next I unloaded all addons except DG, but no improvement.
                      einistein
                      Participant
                        Of course I meant Dugi Arrow whenever I wrote taxi.
                        I did some more tests around the cave and confirmed that I have to stand on the ground in order for arrow to function properly. This means that once I step on any part of the case inside or outside then Arrow get confused. Standing on the stone ground just outside the cave entrance is no problem, though, but the first step on the stone ground of the entrance is.
                        This goes so far that I can step sideways to make Arrow change its behavior (instead of forwards or backwards, as long as that means stepping on or off the stone ground.
                        einistein
                        Participant

I noticed something just now. When I am standing on top of the cave then my speed drops from 130% to 100%, which means that the outside top of the cave is marked as “inside” by the game.

einistein
                          Participant
                            Trying to get to Kadrak, standing right below him. The first two variants happen while standing in front and beside the tower (or originally going there).
                            The Moonglade variant happens when I refresh Arrow while standing *below* the tower. According to my speed this is still considered “outside”, so it is different to the cave example before.
                            einistein
                            Participant
                              Once I am on the tower it becomes a matter of mere pixels (of movement) which way Arrow wants me to go.
                              Dugi
                              Keymaster

at certain point of the map your character is classed as not being on any map, when you open the map the character is showing Kalimdor map rather than The Barrens, 

we’ll have to adjust it for these events so it doesnt make these weird suggestion 

einistein
                                Participant

The map showed Kalimdor in my screenshot with the Moonglade arrow, because I made it so in order to demonstrate the path. The last three sceenshots were just mere pixels apart from each other, virtually on the same spot, but on top of a tower (=above ground).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.