Dugi Guides™ | World of Warcraft Leveling Guides © 2010 – 2024 Forums General Classic – not obtaining high enough level

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cpace
    Participant

For some reason, and this seems to be the same on several toons I’ve played now, I’m finishing the guide at a level or 2 below what it’s saying. Should I be grinding to get to the next level before continuing on to the next section? I’m currently a lvl 23 hunter and I’m about to go to the “The Barrens (25-25)” section. Being 2 (and sometimes 3-4 levels) lower than the creatures where I’m going doesn’t seem to be appropriate.

Any help is appreciated.

roxrussell
      Participant

I’m having the exact same issue. My husband and I play together and we’ve often a level or more behind where the guide says we should be. We are doing all the quests suggested. “Grinding” 123,000 points to the next level is just not feasible, fast, nor fun. Please help.

Dugi
        Keymaster

did you skip any quest? you will need to do a bit of grinding to catch much, try to start the next guide at the correct level range or you will keep falling behind and gets worse at higher level. 

cpace
          Participant

I’ll grind it up but I did not skip any of the quests (save for like 1 of the ones where the special mob never showed). It seems more of an issue for Horde than for Alliance. And the guide said I could skip the special mob so I didn’t think it to be a big deal.

I should also note that I haven’t done any dungeons yet so I’m not sure if that is expected or not.

Dugi
            Keymaster

i’m not sure, we tested the guides and you shouldn’t be too far behind each level, we have already included as much quests as we can. Maybe a guide was skipped or something, we’re looking into again and see what’s going on. 

cpace
              Participant

Thank you for checking in to that. I grinded a bit and I seem to be staying on level now.

One of the steps in your guide is for a quest from Sharptalon but it’s a lvl 31 and I’m lvl 26. I was able to kill with the methodology that the guide suggested but no quest items have been dropped from the last 3 attempts. Am I missing something or does it take multiple attempts to get a quest item?

tcahuzak
                Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m facing the opposite way :'(

elmariachi
                  Participant

i have the same issue here. I was on point up until level 40. didnt skip any quest and always try to be 1-3 bubbles ahead before starting the next level guide.

i dont think there are enough quests from level 41-42 (swamp of sorrows).

now im level 45 and 1 level behind from the guide. /cry

football
                    Participant
                      Not sure if you read this, but this is what happens in Classic and once you get higher, you will face even more grind between the guides. It’s normal. I’ll strongly encourage that you don’t let yourself fall behind. Grind/do Dungeons + Dungeon quests etc. Whatever you can to catch up before you switch guides. I myself try to kill as much as I can and if it’s not enough, I find grind spots and stay there until I ding (I don’t do Dungeons atm. so I’m usually faced with more grind than the typical player).
                      @Tcahuzak luxury problem. I’d stay in that guide until everything turns grey. Read my link. As long as you’re still within 5 levels of the quests or they’re green (in most cases), they still give the same XP when you turn in. Just pull more mobs at a time if possible. Enjoy being OP for a bit. Or switch to a higher level guide, if they turn grey. You will catch up, unless you do Dungeons, so don’t worry.
                      About to hit 2 x 60 and a couple of alts so far.
                      darkshorn
                      Participant

Just a note… I recently also purchased Joana’s guide. He doesn’t have an in-game setup yet so I’m kinda ignoring his guide atm. However, he does have an article about leveling tips that he suggests everyone read before starting with any particular area/class/faction guide. In that guide he suggests pretty much killing everything between you and the next quest location in a guide. I suggest this in relation to the Classic guide (which is the version of Joana’s I bought) as it absolutely does the trick of keeping you at the level you need to be in relation to the guide and it also seems to cause “dings” at a seemingly much faster rate. And yes, I’m suggesting it as you go in terms of leveling with Dugi’s Classic guide. If you don’t overdo (I mean literally looking for every single mob you can find between you and the next location rather than just going toward the next location and if you run into a mob kill it and move on toward the new location) it, it will keep you at the level you need to be without doing too much grinding.

I bought it (Joana’s guide) because I’d been having an annoying (not guide-breaking, but still a bit frustrating) problem with the quest-watch part of the guide where it won’t remember where I place and/or lock it. Same sort of problem with the zone map. I’ll report this in a different thread, though, and try to include more information. 

cpace said:

Thank you for checking in to that. I grinded a bit and I seem to be staying on level now.

One of the steps in your guide is for a quest from Sharptalon but it’s a lvl 31 and I’m lvl 26. I was able to kill with the methodology that the guide suggested but no quest items have been dropped from the last 3 attempts. Am I missing something or does it take multiple attempts to get a quest item?

That is because the character must do enough damage to the mob in order to get awarded the kill. It is just too early to do this quest IMHO. I suggest you hold off on it, and come back in a level or two. ‘X’ the quest and come back, perhaps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.