Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    cb1112
    Participant

At level 21 the guide was having me go back to the Barrens from Stonetalon Mountains to kill level 14/15 lost barren kodos to get a kodo liver for a green level quest Chen’s Empty Keg.  I spent at least 90 minutes farming kodos and the liver never dropped.  I finally gave up and skipped the quest.  Is this a bug?

Dugi
      Keymaster

not sure, it should have dropped by then. 

cb1112
        Participant

I have used Dugi since I first started playing WoW back in 2010.  I appreciate everything you guys do.  I have to say though, the classic guide has had more issues compared to the other guides.  Especially with sending you to do quests at the right level and using the correct guide.  I have wasted a lot of time running back and forth and grinding for something that I find out later I couldn’t get at that time because I was too low a level even though the guide sent me there.  I am a loyal Dugi customer and will remain so, just wanted to provide some honest feedback.

Dugi
          Keymaster

really need specific example, this is wow classic and going back and forth is sometime required, its just how it is with wow classic, you can’t compare how easy it is compared to retail. 

cb1112
            Participant

To be clear I am not talking about having to run all over the place, I expect to have to do that for classic.  I am talking about running back and forth for an hour or more finally realizing I can’t get the quest or an item to drop because I have to be on a quest that I can’t even get yet.

I provided two examples so far. One in this post and one in another.  There have been several other times as well.  I realize this is totally different from retail, but I shouldn’t be running back and forth because the guide is sending me someplace before I can even get the quest or quest items or having me fly somewhere I didn’t need to.  Some of the quests in the barrens where I needed to kill named mobs to get a quest to drop only show one spot on the map to find it, but the mob actually pats all over the area and the only way to know that is to look it up on wowhead or something.  I love your guides, but imo this one has been little rough thus far.  

Dugi
              Keymaster

can you recall what quest it was or anything, I should just go through the entire barrens guide. 

cb1112
                Participant

One was getting kodo liver, but found out much later that it was part of the chen’s keg quest I think after I tried farming it for about 90 mins realizing I wasn’t high enough level to get the quest yet, but the guide had me in the zone. If I run into it again I will be sure to have specifics.

Dugi
                  Keymaster

cb1112 said:

One was getting kodo liver, but found out much later that it was part of the chen’s keg quest I think after I tried farming it for about 90 mins realizing I wasn’t high enough level to get the quest yet, but the guide had me in the zone. If I run into it again I will be sure to have specifics.

That’s not right you the Kodo liver will drop if you have the quest in your log, it doesn’t matter what level you’re at. At that specific part of the guide you should have the quest in your log already. 

cb1112
                    Participant

cb1112
                      Participant

This is the pathing the guide gives while in thrunderbluff to fly to Darkcloud pinnacle for that quest.  I am standing next to the flightmaster in the picture.

Dugi
                        Keymaster

cb1112 said:

This is the pathing the guide gives while in thrunderbluff to fly to Darkcloud pinnacle for that quest.  I am standing next to the flightmaster in the picture.

this is a bug with the thunder bluff flight master, this is now fixed, thank you for the screenshot. 

cb1112
                          Participant

At level 32 doing the Desolace 32-34 guide, it had me run from Sun Rock Retreat in Stonetalon through the charred vale down to Ghost Walker Post in Desolace.  Once there it didn’t have me pick up or turn in any quests, but hearth back to Sun Rock Retreat in Stonetalon and then run through the Charred Vale again to Scrabblescrew’s Camp.  Scrabblescrew’s Camp is a very short run from Ghost Walker Post.  So I spent 30 minutes doing nothing but running when I could have run from Ghost Walker Post to Scrabblescrew’s Camp in less than 5.  Once in Scrabblescrew’s Camp it had me pick up one quest then run back to Ghost Walker Post and turn in a pick up the quests I had when I was there the first time.

Dugi
                            Keymaster

sorry about that, this is fixed. 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.