Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

i updated the guide to 8.743 and arrow is not showing when i try to track a quest

Join the club. No arrow for me either for any of the quests yet alone I’m not getting any objectives underneath step by step questing accept/turn in.

@Dugi, do you think this will be fixed tonight?  Just curious. The same is happening for me. 

Dugi
    Keymaster

need more information to fix the problem which quest? which zone? where? how do I replicate the issue. 
      a screenshot will really help a lot if you want it fixed tonight. 

Dugi said:

need more information to fix the problem which quest? which zone? where? how do I replicate the issue. 
      a screenshot will really help a lot if you want it fixed tonight. 

All quests. Both zones. Entire 8.2 patch. There is nothing to SS because the arrow doesn’t work. Even tried clicking manually on the button on the guide to set the destination, and it won’t bring up the arrow. The TomTom arrow emulation works, if you use /way or ctrl+click on a spot on the map, but the questing will not create an arrow to your destination.    

Is it a cache thing somewhere that I don’t know about?  I cleared the typical WoW cache, but didn’t fix. I reinstalled the dugi addon. I have no other addons running. 

i reinstalled and the arrow is working so far, i was trying to do the Drowning the Alliance quest in Nazjatar but will keep you updated

Should I record a video capture of it so you can see?

it went away again i got this now

Date: 2019-06-26 03:04:13
      ID: 2
      Error occured in: Global
      Count: 1
         thread_DisplayViewTab_MoveToNextQuest:
      ..AddOnsDugisGuideViewerZModelViewer.lua line 396:
         Action[SetPoint] failed because[SetPoint would result in anchor family connection]: attempted from: DugisGuideViewer_ModelViewer:SetPoint.Detailed stack:
      [C]: SetPoint’
      ..AddOnsDugisGuideViewerZModelViewer.lua line 396:
         in function action’
      ..AddOnsDugisGuideViewerZUtil.lua line 931:
         in function `DoOutOfCombat’
      ..AddOnsDugisGuideViewerZModelViewer.lua line 392:
         in function `Finalize’
      ..AddOnsDugisGuideViewerZModelViewer.lua line 631:
         in function `ShowModel’
      ..AddOnsDugisGuideViewerZGuides.lua line 3461:
         in function `MoveToNextQuest’
      ..AddOnsDugisGuideViewerZGuides.lua line 3792:
         in function <..AddOnsDugisGuideViewerZGuides.lua:3791>
      Debug:
         [C]: ?
         [C]: assert()
         DugisGuideViewerZLuaUtils.lua:435:
            DugisGuideViewerZLuaUtils.lua:422
         DugisGuideViewerZLuaUtils.lua:517:

its also not auto tracking quests

djleo305 said:

its also not auto tracking quests

Confirmed. Plus (not that it’s a big deal), but there are no sounds that happen when switching guides or completing steps.    

UPDATE: Out of frustration, I reinstalled WoW entirely and all addons. Seems to be working better than it was. Will update.

Dugi
      Keymaster

djleo305 said:

hi video link doesn’t seem to work

Dugi
        Keymaster

All quests. Both zones. Entire 8.2 patch. There is nothing to SS because the arrow doesn’t work. Even tried clicking manually on the button on the guide to set the destination, and it won’t bring up the arrow. The TomTom arrow emulation works, if you use /way or ctrl+click on a spot on the map, but the questing will not create an arrow to your destination.    

Is it a cache thing somewhere that I don’t know about?  I cleared the typical WoW cache, but didn’t fix. I reinstalled the dugi addon. I have no other addons running. 

This can’t be right because it is working for us and most people, are you sure you have updated to the latest version? check your version number in the game’s addon menu dont rely on the installer to report correctly. 

Dugi
          Keymaster

Also for Euro players will likely need to wait until wow is patch 8.2 tomorrow for everything to work correctly. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.