Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jessewv
    Participant

So I just went to Redridge and picked up all the recommended quests in the zone. After doing so it immediately told me fly back to Stormwind to turn in one of those quests instead of starting on the quests around me. This is not the first time something like this has happened. It feels like I’ve wasted countless hours running around blindly following the guide, even though something in the back of my mind keeps saying “Just turn it in, it’s right over there.” or “Just kill that MOB that’s 300 yards away that for some reason is not showing as the next step.”

This reminds me of how people are blindly following Google Maps and take an extra 2 hours to get somewhere or end driving into a river. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

… and before you ask, yes, these are quests that were in the guide for the current zone and recommended to be picked up by the guide.

I never had problems like this in the retail guide, even in the same zones, now or back in previous expansions. 

It seems to me some quality control and testing has been lacking. Please level a character and have you and/or your team test it yourself.

Thanks.

Dugi
      Keymaster

No you’re not, it’s just not time to do those quest yet you need to step back and see the elephant. 

jessewv
        Participant

Please show me the elephant that I’m supposed to see when I’m level 15 and doing the Westfall guide but it’s telling me to go to Redridge when I still have quests in Westfall.

Dugi
          Keymaster

I don’t know why you bother use a guide when you don’t want to trust it?  do you really think we would create these guides without thought just to get your $37, why don’t you show me how it should be done. 

The People’s Militia is a harder quests which have up level 18 mobs and doesn’t need to be completed until later, we’re guiding you to complete easier quests first so you gain an extra level or two before doing those quests. It makes a difference.

Sending you to Redridge because you need to turn in Defias Brotherhood

Which will unlock more quests in Westfall 

and Hillary Necklace is a really easy quest for 1350 XP 

Once you get there, there’s a flight master to fly back anyway, this trip will need to be done on foot sooner or later, once you get flight master point its much faster. 

also you need to pick up quests from Lakeshire like The Price of Shoe, Messenger to Stormwind and Dry Times which involves going to multiple zones to complete,  and  they will also unlock more quests later. 

jessewv
            Participant

That makes sense. Thank you for explaining your logic.

That being said, most of the time I am grouping with my friends or family and could easily forego the hand-holding and just go straight for the harder quests. 

Could you bring back the option to set the leveling difficulty to accommodate this play style? I’m sure this would please anyone who is grouping or is over geared.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.