Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jglover45
    Participant

I would like to be able to take one character through all the expansions
      using Chromie. I have read I can level lock at 49 and do then all. Does Dugi’s addon work in this situation? Currently I am doing the 1-60
      Human quest line but would like to break away and do the expansions I
      never did as I didn’t play for many years. Thanks for any insight into
      this!

Ozzi
      Participant

Yes they can, take a look at this https://www.wowhead.com/guide/leveling/dragonflight
        I would start at 10 and do the expansions you outlined. If 49 is your choice then at that point I’d freeze my experience between 49 and 59. Take a look a this Blizzard topic https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/15422 doing that will maximize your chance to do all the expansions using Chromie time. To resume your experience, just visit that NPC and pay to undo it.

I wish you all the best.

jglover45
        Participant

Thanks so much

jglover45
          Participant

@Ozzi quick follow up question as I think I may have misunderstood. As long as I level lock at 59 then all expansions remain relevant? I thought it was 49 so wanted to be sure. Once we hit level 60 do all older expansions become too easy?

Ozzi
            Participant

Chromie time only works and is relevant between 1-59, if you want to run all expansions, I suggest to enjoy the content using chromie time, once you hit 59 I would seek out the npc as I mentioned in my first reply to you and lock your experience bar, You can still quest and get the rewards, gold, armor, rep etc except experience. You will remain the level you locked to. Once you have finished with Chromie time, seek out the npc and remove the lock, resume your questing. You may need to run a few dungeons until you ding 60 to qualify for the Dragonflight questline.

Between 1 – 60 you can use Heirlooms if you have them and upgraded 5/5 or 3/3. 60 – 70 don’t worry so much about heirlooms, questing in dragonflight will give you good questing gear from quest rewards, npc rng drops etc. It all depends on your play style, dungeons also drop decent gear too, then there’s pvp and war mode, bfa > shadowlands > Dragonflight reward decent gear for war mode.

When you ding 60 proceed with Dragonflight.

**Note that soon as you hit 60 chromie time ends.**

Basically without chromie time, yes, you will be too powerful for the ‘old’ content, you one hit kill npc’s etc, it’s super annoying if its a quest where you are required to injure an npc down to ‘45% – 55% hp’ and use a quest item on the npc. A good work around would be to use Soft Foam Sword on the npc and quickly use quest item before auto attack triggers, however, the issue is that sometimes the toy bugs out and you can’t use it at all. This is where chromie time comes in to play. With this mode, the expansion you choose will be within your level range and the rewards and npc’s will also scale to your level.

If you have any more questions, you can join the DugiGuides Discord Server listed in the Support page either pop questions in the server or Direct Message me Ozzi#9217

jglover45
              Participant

@Ozzi just informational, once you hit 59 all mobs go grey. So best to do it at 58 if people want to keep older expansions competitive.

Ozzi
                Participant

jglover45 said:

@Ozzi just informational, once you hit 59 all mobs go grey. So best to do it at 58 if people want to keep older expansions competitive.

Thanks for the confirmation, I’ve noted this down. Let me know how you go

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.