Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ruppell
    Participant

reinstalled everything (new machine). Fresh install of wow, 8.733 (per the installer, the game still says 8.731???), etc.  I disabled all addons and DG still gives me 1FPS (down from 100+).  I can be in the middle of Stormwind with 60+fps and the moment DG loads the game stops and a few minutes later it comes back to life at between 0fps and 1fps.  I have only a few addons, but I’ve tried with everything loaded and it runs perfectly with DG off, I turn on DG and it dies, I disabled all addons except DG – I still get the problem.  I read the forums and it says 8.731 fixed it all, but I’m 2 versions later (in just a few days even), and it’s still killing my game. At this point I’m frustrated (at first, I thought it was wow, so I reinstalled and wiped my interface folder and all settings, etc). Please let me know how to get it working.  Thank you!

ruppell
      Participant

I fixed the issue of the installed version not lining up. So, now the game says I’m on 8.733 but I STILL only get 6fps while out of a city. Talk to me, Goose.  :)

Dugi
        Keymaster

Try doing a repair with Dugi installer (go to settings > click on repair  and reinstall) 
          can you post a screenshot and provide exact steps on how to replicate the issue. 

ruppell
          Participant

I did that several times.  The way to replicate the issue is ……..open wow.  Everything loads up nice and quick.  The MINUTE that DG loads, the entire game gets stuck and when it starts to move again it’s at 0-1FPS.  There’s not a screenshot, since it’s literally just opening the game.

Dugi
            Keymaster

There has to be something else.

1. are you sure that you are using the latest version? can you post a screenshot of the latest version. 
              2. are you sure that you tried only using Dugi addon? 
              3. does it happen with a brand new character? 
              4. Try renaming your WoWWTF  folder to WTF1 (make sure wow is closed)  this will reset everything and if it doesn’t work you can rename WTF1 back to WTF to restore your settings. 

Dugi
              Keymaster

5. Also are you using Live version of WoW ? Dugi won’t work with private servers. 

FPS is bullshit with Dugi’s. If I disable it, I gain 3+ FPS. I am a super long time Dugi’s user, as in well before the bullshit with Zygor……

This is so bad that the guide is basically unusable for me anymore. I guess it’s time to unsubscribe from that monthly subscription.

Dugi
                Keymaster

ncgoose said:

FPS is bullshit with Dugi’s. If I disable it, I gain 3+ FPS. I am a super long time Dugi’s user, as in well before the bullshit with Zygor……

Speak with respect or you will be banned.

We’re currently unable to replicate the issue so we’re not able to fix something that is we see is not broken. 

We need your help to replicate the issue otherwise we can’t fix anything. Just telling us it doesn’t work over and over again doesn’t help. 

Dugi
                  Keymaster

Just fixed another user computer with FPS problems, turns out that addon is not updated properly. 

if you have FPS issue please check in the addons menu that the addon is at least 8.734, the installer might be installing to the wrong path. 

1. Load the installer 
                    2. Click on settings > click on auto detect path 
                    3. Click on ok > click on reinstall

try again, otherwise you will need to fix the install path manually
                    it should be <your path>World of Warcraft_retail_

if you’re still having FPS issue please post screenshot of your addons menu of that you have the latest version installed. 

ruppell
                    Participant
                      1. Yes, latest ver (8.735 now). screenshot below.
                      2. Yes, I’ve tried it with only DG enabled
                      3. I don’t have or do new characters.  I’ve tried through my other alts I never play, though, and still no joy, even on the level 1 ones that I just ran to cities for bankers.
                      4. I’ve renamed WTF but since it was a brand new install it really didn’t do anything. I put it back since I already had to rebuild it all once this month. :)
                      5. Yes, I only play Live. I’ve never played private.
                      6. Yes, I’ve already fixed the _retail_ thing which is how I got the version in installer and ingame to sync up back on the 18th. That took me a little while to find. Bliz got creative while I was sick. lol
                      Unfortunately, I cannot tell if you guys fixed it or not with the update (8.733 -> 8.735).  Since all of the leveling guides are now removed from my DG. Screenshot is of me clicked on “leveling” and only “World Quests” are showing, nothing else.  That’s kind of a big deal, huge deal even.

I don’t do the subscription thing, I buy them in full,
                      outright, each expansion, so it’s not like I’m ‘expired’ or anything. I’m level 112 on my main, and even BFA leveling is
                      missing, so it’s not like it’s restricting to only ‘level-appropriate’ or similar.  :(  I’m doing Loremaster of Northrend (since I somehow missed
                      it along the way) and I can’t even see those quests. I checked all the settings I could find and didn’t see anything to turn leveling guides back on.
                      I don’t play often. I’m a disabled combat vet and usually can’t sit upright, so being able to play when I’m feeling ok is a joy I’d prefer to have back.  I can do it with Wow-Pro, but it’s just not as good, plus I already paid for DG.  I am actually a government trained computer chick, fixing military and civilian PCs since the 90s, so I try my best to do my due diligence before reaching out (researching, googling, reading forums, etc).  I know how USERS can be.  :)  So, I try VERY hard not to be one of THEM.  :)
                      I’m hoping it’s all fixed up with the update, so I just need my leveling guides back to test it.  :)

I don’t know who that person is who jumped into my thread and mouthed
                      off, so I’m REALLY hoping that’s not the reason why my leveling guides are
                      suddenly gone……

Dugi
                      Keymaster

thank you for the comprehensive feedback, that’s very helpful. Can you test now with 8.736 the leveling guide issue should be fixed. 

ruppell
                        Participant

That seems to have improved it quite a bit. It’s now fluctuating between 30fps and 70fps out in a zone (not a city).  But, I’ll take it!  Thank you so much!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.