Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: War Campaign (Alliance)

Senior Member NightElf Female Warlock

You are welcome

I use ElvUI with MerathilisUI, AddonSkins and ProjectAzilroka
    I also use my very own addon that adds extra fonts, sounds and textures. I no longer use the custom sounds and textures in this UI.
    I also have about 19 other addons, this is completely personal preference.

I have been using many user interfaces for many years since Cata / MoP, (Well, technically WoftLK) there will be a very long list if I were to start listing them, 1/4 of which will be discontinued.

If you are wanting to use these addons, I can whip up a tutorial on how I got my user interface appearance, it's not really hard, that's why I like ElvUI.
    If you also like the font, I can share my addon as well

Here's a screenshot of the general UI - https://i.imgur.com/5ACZMa6.jpg
    This is on my Shaman.
    Last edited by Caluril; 01-04-2019 at 07:17 AM.

That would be appreciated greatly if you could whip up a tutorial for me for the user interface appearance.As i really do like the look of this thank you kindly once again it is much appreciated for all the help you are giving me.

You are most welcome.

Download / Installation
    To start things off you will need to get the TukUI Client, here

While in the TukUI website, register an account if you haven't already got one. Remember the chosen Username and Password as they will be used to log in via the client, very much like Dugi Guides installer app.

Simply extract the .zip file to any location you wish and run the Tukui Client.msi as administrator. Right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator" and accept the UAC prompt. Follow the prompts during the installation.

First time running the tukui client, you will be presented with a browse folder window.

You can find this info within Battle.net app:

1. Click on Options below the World of Warcraft logo.
    2. Click on Game Settings.
    3. Click on Game Install/Update.
      There will be an installation list of World of Warcraft, Beta, PTR, Retail. If you only have live copy then that will be only present.
      Mine is in the default location, even on an SSD: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\

As we now know the location of the game, remember the 8.1 patch changes. Browse to the World of Warcraft folder and then click on the _retail_ folder and then click on the Ok button.
    4. Click on the Browse tab.
    5. Click on the Install ElvUI.
    6. Once ElvUI is installed. Click in the Search: and type in Mer and then click on MerathilisUI and then click on the Install button.
    7. Click in the Search: and type in Add and then click on AddOn Skins and then click on the Install button.
    8. Click in the Search: and type in Project and then click on ProjectAzilroka and then click on the Install button.
    9. Once they are installed, you can now exit the ElvUI Client.

Download this addon, I will only allow you gerardm23 to use this addon, anyone else will have to seriously convince me otherwise. You can download it here. The Password will be PM'd to you, so you can extract it.

Extract my addon in the \{Your Path}\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interfaces\AddOns\ folder.

Let me know if you use Curse or Twitch clients and I'll include how to add most of the ElvUI addons in the Ignore list.

Run the game.
    In the character select screen, click on the Addons button.
    Ensure that the following addons are enabled:

• ElvUI MerathilisUI
    • ProjectAzilroka
    • ElvUI Caluril's Media
    • ElvUI Config
    • ElvUI

Click on the Okay button.
    Select a Character and then log in.

Configuration
    This is the complicated part of any user interface, this is because any user interface is a personal thing, this is what makes me admire Blizzard for allowing us to customise to our liking, unlike Arena.net with it's game Guild Wars 2, where the User interface can be changed around but nowhere near as well as we can here in World of Warcraft.

At first log on to any character there will two installation screens one after the other. You will need to only do this once on one character.
    First - Elvui Installation

• Click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the Setup CVars button, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the Setup Chat button, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on an option of your liking, I use the Dark, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on an option, this is based on your resolution in game, for 1080p resolutions or higher you'd select High Resolution, anything under 1080P you'd select Low Resolution. Click on the Continue button.
    • Click on an option, this is based on the character, but this will be spread out across all other characters, this will be explained later on. Select an option, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on an option, I use Aura Bars & Icons, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the Finished button.

Allow the reload.

Tick the Disable check box and then click on the Hide button.

Second - MerathilisUI Installation

• Click on the Continue button.
    • I suggest to select the New button if you plan on using multiple characters, like I do, several infact accross several realms, and then leave the name as is 'MerathilisUI', click on the Okay button, and then select the Continue button.
    • Click on the Layout button, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the CVars button, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the Setup Chat button, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the Setup Datatexts button, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the Heal Layout button, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the Heal Layout button, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the Setup Addons button, and then click on the Continue button.
    • Click on the Finished button.

Allow the reload.

That's most of the major customisation over, the rest is all based on settings and options etc.
    You access the Elvui Options by typing in the chat /ec
    You have my addon installed, so you will have most of the fonts that I use, my favorite one is 'Century Gothic', however, you can choose any font you like, after all this is personal remember?

I use the following:
    • General > General tab
      • Announce Interrupts is set to None.
      • Since I will be using Dugi Guides for not only the guides but more importantly auto loot & auto sell and repair features, I will need to make sure that Auto Repair is set to None. If you don't use these features, you can simply ignore this step.
        Media tab
      • Font Size set to what ever suites you, I use 9, this is personal.
      • Default Font set to Century Gothic. again, this is personal.
        Click on Apply Font To All button, and then click on the Yes button on the confirmation window popup.
      • CombatText Font set to Century Gothic. again, this is personal. Ignore the popup window.
      • Name Font set to Century Gothic. again, this is personal. Ignore the popup window.
        Chat Bubbles tab
      • Font set to Century Gothic Bold. again, this is personal.
        Alternative Power tab
      • Font set to Century Gothic. again, this is personal.

ActionBars > Cooldowns tab
        Bags tab
        NamePlates tab

DataBars > XP Bar tab
        Reputation tab
        Honor tab
        Azerite tab

DataTexts > Time tab
      • 24-hour Time unchecked. again, this is personal.

Nameplates
      • Uncheck this option ONLY if you have a 3rd party addon like Plater, kui nameplates, Tidy Plates just to name a few. if you don't use a nameplate addon, you can ignore this step.

UnitFrames > Player Frame > Custom Texts tab
      • BigName > Font set to Century Gothic.
      • Life > Font set to Century Gothic.
      • Percent > Font set to Century Gothic.
      • Resting > Font set to Century Gothic.

Target Frame > Custom Texts tab
      • BigName > Font set to Century Gothic.
      • Class > Font set to Century Gothic.
      • Life > Font set to Century Gothic.
      • Percent > Font set to Century Gothic.

AddonSkins
      • DBM Font set to Century Gothic.
      • DBM Font Size set to 9.

ProjectAzilroka
      • BigButtions = unchecked.
      • BrokerLDB = unchecked.
      • Dragon Overlay = unchecked.
      • Enhanced Friends List = Checked.
      • Enhanced Shadows = Checked.
      • Faster Loot = unchecked.
      • Movable Frames = unchecked.
      • QuestSounds = unchecked. I did experiment with this, there's too many bugs.
      • ReputationRewards = unchecked. Ignore the confirmation window popup.
      • Square Minimap Buttons = unchecked. MerathilisUI buttons are enabled, enabling this feature they both will conflict.
      • stAddonManager = checked.

Enhanced Friends List
      • Name Font set to Century Gothic.
      • Name Font Size set to 9.
      • Info Font set to Century Gothic.
      • Info Font Size set to 10.

stAddonManager
      • Font set to Century Gothic.
      • Font Size set to 9.

MerathilisUI > Modules tab > Location Panel
      • Coordinates > Format set to 45.34. Not important, personal preference of mine.
      • Fonts > Font set to Century Gothic Bold.
      • Font Size set to 12.

Click on an Accept button in one of the popup windows and allow the reload.
    Log out by hitting ESC and then clicking on Logout or you can type in /camp
    Log back in to the character, this is to refresh the name fonts etc that we had changed earlier.

That's pretty much all of it.
    Let me know if you need me to make a video to further explain this, which I won't mind doing at all.

Other than that, I hope I have covered everything for you.

Oops, I forgot, silly me lol. For Alts, you will need to log on to an alt.

• Click on the Skip Process button.
    • Check the Disable checkbox and then click on the Hide button.
    • Click on the Skip Process button.
    • Type in /ec
    • Go to Profiles.
    • Under Copy From drop down, select MerathilisUI
    • Check all the fonts as I laid out above
    • Log out and log back in, to refresh font's.

Dugi Guides Settings
    I basically leave everything default except a few settings. I will lay out Visual Settings first and then optional.

• Visual Settings - (ElvUI)
      • Dugi Zone Map > Zone Map Border = ElvUI2
      • Display > Large Frame Background = Transparent (optional)
      • Frames > Borders (bottom right of window) = ElvUI

Optional Settings
      • Questing > Quest Complete Sound = Void Elf Female
      • Questing > Nameplates Tracking = Checked
      • Dugi Zone Map > Enable Zone Map = Unchecked
      • Display > Guide Tabs (2) = slide bar to 4
      • Frames > Show DG Icon Button = Unchecked
      • Frames > Move Objective Tracker = Checked
      • Move Objective tracker that doesn't interfear with Debuffs, to check that aswell type in /moveui and move the Objective tracker where you want them, beware of hidden bar on right side of screen
        To hide MoveUI just click the button Lock in the ElvUI window.
      • Frames > Lock Objective Tracker = Checked
      • Maps > Duration = Slide bar to 0
      • Tooltip > Tooltip Coordinates = Checked
      • Other > Display Quest Level = Checked
      • Other > Account Wide Achievement = Checked (helps tracking account wide achievements on alts.)
      • Other > Auto Repair = Checked

Type in /moveui again and move Raid Frames, Party Frames until they are dead center. you will notice when they're center, they snap on the red middle line when you tick the Sticky Frames checkbox on the ElvUI window.
    The Boss and Arena Frames can move slightly to the left of the Dugi Frames, if you position them where I do, refer to the screenshot taken on my Shaman. however, I do have Dugi Guides in Essential mode when I am in Raids, Dungeons or 2 vs 2.

In a video this will become useful.

Loot Frames can be moved to another unpopulated area, I'd put them in between the Raid 40 and Raid / Party frames.

Class Totems can be shifted more to the left nearest to the bar 5.

The Target of Target frame can be moved to the right of the Target frame.

The Focus Frame can be positioned central above the action bars. Tip: before dragging because if you drag one of them right now, the frames will move separately.
    Hold your CTRL key and then right click on the Focus Frame, this will tell the cast bar to join the main frame and thus will go where ever you put the Focus Frame

This should look roughly right, The UI will be done first before sorting out Heirlooms, Enchants & Potions for alternate characters.
    I'll attach a screenshot of general positioning, however, this is based on a 4k screen at 3840x2160 resolution. Positioning may vary for smaller screens.

I know it may seem strange using Healing layouts on DPS / Tanking characters. It's mostly to do with personal preference as to how the user interface will be like, that said I do occasionally go through the ElvUI and MerathilisUI configuration and specify a roll such as 'Tank', and only use that profile for roll specific characters. So using the same method to "Copy From" this time you select Tank for that roll specific character.
    The Tank/DPS layout the unitframes are positioned differently as well as the Raid Frames / Party Frames etc.
    Something to think about
    Last edited by Caluril; 01-06-2019 at 04:04 PM.

I have sent over a private message,Thank you most kindly indeed.Much appreciated.

I have added to the tutorial, forgot about Dugi Guides Settings and Frame positions.

-off topic-
    Sweet, I can't wait for The Predator Legendary Rifle, here's a video, this is based on old content of the game, but the look and sounds of the weapon still remains the same.
    Here's a video based on current content

I will need to combine 4 items in a place called Mystic Forge.

I just need to combine ingredients to make Gift of Fortune and Gift of Mastery, just that the Mystic Clovers aren't being friendly to me.
    I am so excited, this is going to be my 5th legendary weapon.
    I was going to start on my Legendary Back but shocked to see 8 months worth of Fractals of the Mists and same amount or if not more in Raids. Not to mention a lot of farming.
    I know that this game is not World of Warcraft and that some of you will be getting whoosh whoosh with some of this rambling on, I hope the wiki page links help.

I like the effects when using the weapon, this is so much more than any poxy legendary weapon ever introduced in World of Warcraft.

I'll list my other legendary weapons.

I saved the best to last in that list but in reality, I love all of them including this new one that I will get.

To help explain the game a little but still it's waay out of date is this video Kind of funny.
    Here's a more up to date review with Path of Fire expansion, video here.

I must say, I love the choice Guild Wars 2 has to offer, you can own just solely Guild Wars 2 and say to hell with the rest of the expansion packs, and you can still play the game as if nothing happened, just that you can't use any of that content.
    Heart of Thorns is the second expansion pack, review video here.

You can try the game for free, create an account and play the game, you can then buy the game and continue off where you got to during your trial. Blizzard copied this, among many other features from Guild Wars 2 (technically).

As you have guessed by this off topic reply that I have taken a break from World of Warcraft. I have yet again lost the drive to continue the forever repeated grind and it got boring for me very fast, as it has for thousands of other people that I know as well, it's sad really. World of Warcraft is a good game, don't get me wrong. Most of us disagree with different segments of the content etc, I am not looking for debates or arguments here, please leave them out side with the animals.
    I am a subscriber to Battle.net and I hold the right to end it when I feel necessary. So I have returned to Guild Wars 2.
    I will still show my face here and lend a hand as I have been doing, just because I ended my sub with Battle.net doesn't mean I can't help (to an extent)
    Last edited by Caluril; 01-06-2019 at 07:51 PM.

yes i couldnt agree with you more on the subject of the constant grind in world of warcraft,bring back the good old days when the game was interesting not just a constant grind.I completely agree with you on that,i also believe many others do as well.I also play guild wars 2,and eso as well.Its just a pity that dugi couldnt bring a guide out for eso,as the wow guides really are second to none ,they are the best most efficient guides for wow.I will drop you a p.m as the new elvui interface really is turning out well indeed,really happy with it.
    Really happy with youre help and guidance as well,much appreciated.

no problems m8, here's my account name for Guild Wars 2 is MightyElf.8146 I might get arena.net to change my account name to Caluril.???? to tie alongside my Battle.net tag. That's an idea, you can add me to battle.net as well Caluril#1991
    I still have Battle.net window open while in GW2.

I'll take screenshots of my Thief Deadeye with this new legendary

Soon as I got The Predator from the Mystic Toilet (Forge) by flushing a lot of things down there to get the Mystic Clovers {a lot of profanities, believe me}, I went to Domain of Vabbi a nice area in Path of Fire.

Here's a Video.
    Last edited by Caluril; 01-07-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Thanks ive added you on battle.net

Are you sure? I don't see a request.

Hows your user interface going? Shout out if you need any help

Doghunter#2265 i sent it from that is my battle.net,the interface is going great i absolutely love it spot on,it really does make a huge difference to the game,its definitely worth the time spent configuring it and ties in with dugi guides really well.hopefully speak again soon.